Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Monophonic Mode - workaround

Postby vcfvca » 26 Sep 2020, 18:00

It depends on the parts you are playing. Fast Brass or synth licks will sound sharper and cleaner in mono mode.

Here's an example of a fast lead riff - I have played it a little legato so you can heare the difference between Poly then Mono

E5 Poly Mono.wav
Poly Mono lead
(3.16 MiB) Downloaded 99 times

I can live without Glide - I have actually sampled some of my parts with both Glide and Pitch Bend on certain notes and it's quite effective

Glide and Bend Baked In.wav
Glide Bend - Baked In
(2.61 MiB) Downloaded 97 times

Just to clarify these samples are loaded into the Electro Sample Synth with the Glide and Pitch Bend already ‘baked’ into the sample. So every time you play the note you get the pitch bend as you played it. So the patch is designed to just work with one song, But it is very easy to do as Sample Editor 3 is fast and easy to use.

it's not a deal breaker but I just prefer to play mono lines from a monophonic keyboard. And you can use the lower split option so you can use pitch bend as well. Why did Nord change it to lower? Upper split on the NE5 makes much more sense.
Last edited by vcfvca on 27 Sep 2020, 00:46, edited 3 times in total.
vcfvca

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Re: Monophonic Mode - workaround

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum