All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Nord Stage Ex 2 Spare Part

Postby dh12345 » 18 Sep 2020, 14:12

Please let me know if there is a more appropriate section to post this request in.

As part of my son's Product Design and Technology course at college, he is doing a project which involves my keyboard.

Rather than have him messing with the keyboard itself, I was hoping to find a used back panel that he can use as a template. (The black part that takes all the inputs / outputs)

I've tracked down the part. It is LOWER LID NS2EX/HA88 - AMS-40603 (as found here: https://instrumentalparts.com/lower-lid-ns2ex-ha88/)

I don't really want to spend that much on a new item, so I was hoping someone might have a bright idea on how to get hold of one at a lower cost. The condition aesthetically isn't important, just needs to be in shape.

For info, we're in the UK

Thanks in advance

Dominic
dh12345

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Nord Stage Ex 2 Spare Part

Sponsor

Re: Nord Stage Ex 2 Spare Part

Postby maxpiano » 18 Sep 2020, 14:25

Hi Dominic,

you should contact the Nord distributor for UK (see "Distributors" page on Nord keyboards website), they may have a list of Nord service centers in UK that maybe...
Last edited by maxpiano on 18 Sep 2020, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby dh12345 » 18 Sep 2020, 14:47

I should perhaps have said that I did already contact the distributor who stated that they couldn’t officially sell me a part that wasn’t to be used in conjunction with a Nord keyboard. Then I asked them the hypothetical question of the need to replace a broken lower lid and it’s a different answer.

The problem is more the cost than finding the part itself

Once the project is over, I’ll have no use for it

Thanks for the suggestion all the same
dh12345

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby maxpiano » 18 Sep 2020, 18:29

Understand, but that lid at the end of the day that's just "a piece of bent sheet metal painted in black with some hole"s... if you take the required measures you may have one done by a metal carpentry workshop and it may cost less than the original part (not sure but maybe worth asking)

Or, as I suggested, try and hope that some Nord workshop has one coming from a "dead" Nord Stage... difficult, unlikely but not 100% impossible.

PS: what's exactly the scope of your son's project, if I may ask?
Last edited by maxpiano on 18 Sep 2020, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Accessories and Amplification