The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

Nord C2 to 11pin Leslie

Postby Krischu » 28 Aug 2020, 14:58

HI, I'm new to this forum. Don't have Nords myself but I convert Solid State 760 Leslies to 11pin operation and up to now my adaptation used to work on XK3 and XB-2.
First attempt to connect a C2 now failed, but I'm not yet sure wether there is some defect in the cable or setup or that particular instrument is failing for some reason.

Are there any known issues with a Nord C2 when conecting it to an 11pin Leslie like the 860, for example?

Actually it would be great to have access to a service manual or circuit diagram. A few questions about the Nord C2 behaviour or action:

1. When the 11pin Leslie is connected, the C2 connects 5 to 6 to power on the Leslie?
2. The C2 senses pin 11 for presence of 28V from the Leslie to detect Leslie presence?
3. Rotary channel goes to pin 1
4. Signal Ground to pin 4
5. Is rotary channel signal always present or is it only activated when Leslie is connected?
6. 8 resp. 7 connected to 4 (GND) actuates SLOW resp. FAST Motor.

Would it be possible to obtain a Service Manual (schematics) from somewhere?

--
Christoph
Krischu

Nord C2 to 11pin Leslie

Sponsor

Re: Nord C2 to 11pin Leslie

Postby vanderhill22 » 11 Sep 2020, 12:40

My C2 connects to my 330 just fine. The 330 does have a separate power cord however...
vanderhill22

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2

Postby Elias » 13 Sep 2020, 08:33

I have close to no idea what your problem is but If no-one here can help, you can try a message straight to Clavia. I dont know how open they are with technical details but you can always take chance.
Last edited by Elias on 13 Sep 2020, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
User-created Stage 2/3 file viewer: https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
Art is a great excuse to meet another human.
Elias

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby tacitus » 13 Sep 2020, 11:19

I'm a bit rusty myself, for various reasons, but I'm fairly sure there's no power on any of the modern 11-pin Leslie outputs on present day clonewheels.This is a safety issue with mains and signal on the same cable formerly being perfectly OK, though even now, you can cable active speakers with a single cable containing mains and signal cores, but the original Leslie cable, while still around on plenty of vintage setups, is not used now, Or it's just that you can't have mains coming out of an appliance.

Like there not being mains outputs on the back of computers to plug your monitor in, as there were when PCs first appeared. In turn, probably because you can't safely forecast that nobody will plug a coffee machine or something into the back of their computer. Not that you can do that easily with a Leslie output, but hey, you can probably get an 11-pin to coffee machine adapter on eBay ...
tacitus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum