All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Leslie 2101 MkII + Nord electro 6D

Postby berekawend » 01 Sep 2020, 18:12

Hi! First time poster thanks for having me!

So I stumbled into a Leslie 2101 MkII. Pretty sweet little rig.

Organ sounds great through it. Anyone have any tips for tweaking the stationary line? Seems that anytime I run another keyboard I dont want to go through the leslie, it still sounds warbly from the leslie. is that just because the entire unit is moving?

Would be awesome to just bring this unit to a gig and not have to bring an additional amp for non organ sounds!

Thanks any other tips are also greatly appreciated! Not a ton of info or suggestions on this unit online..
berekawend

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Leslie 2101 MkII + Nord electro 6D

Sponsor

Re: Leslie 2101 MkII + Nord electro 6D

Postby Tracii » 02 Sep 2020, 09:41

Hi,

the stationary channel should not sound warbly in any way. Make sure you study the manual - this cabinet has A LOT of buttons/jacks/knobs/options, it's pretty easy to get sth mixed up. ;)

I had the same idea as you, using it as a standalone all-in-1 amp for organ and non-organ sounds. I struggled to be heard in a not very loud 4-piece band. You may see different results; in fact, I hope you do. :thumbup: But it just didn't work for me.

The author Tracii was thanked by:
berekawend
Tracii

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Re: Leslie 2101 MkII + Nord electro 6D

Postby berekawend » 03 Sep 2020, 23:08

threw a longshot and wrote hammond not expecting a response and this is what they said:

Hello.

What you are hearing is the effect produced by the rotating horn sharing the same air as the output from the Stationary speakers.

This has been a characteristic of multi-channel Leslie Speakers ever since they were first introduced in the mid 50's. The moving air produced by the rotating horn causes ripples in the air current which affects the sound produced by the Stationary speakers.

my question is why even have stationary speakers lol
berekawend

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Return to Accessories and Amplification