NW2 - piano library loading ...?

Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer
RafalSC
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

NW2 - piano library loading ...?

Post by RafalSC »

I have this question - can I upload a piano sound to the NW2?
https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... no-library
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: NW2 - piano library loading ...?

Post by maxpiano »

Quick answer: no, only NS, NP and NE can.

Longer answer: there is no Piano section on NW2 so no Nord Piano library compatibility (see also Nord Piano library Information page for the list of compatible models), but you can load the Pianos of the Nord Sample library https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... -30/pianos (of course these are monolayer, as all the .nsmp samples, so don't expect to get the same + choice is much more limited).
Last edited by maxpiano on 30 Aug 2020, 08:25, edited 12 times in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post:
Marlowes
Mr_-G-
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Post by Mr_-G- »

If you did not like the NP4 sounds as you mentioned in you other post, perhaps you might not have spent enough time tweaking the various settings, EQ, etc. or used a sub-optimal amp?
I doubt very much that you will like the nsmp piano libraries in a NW2, as they are single layer samples and lack the relation between harmonic content and dynamics of the piano library, like maxpiano explained. The NW2 also has less polyphony (48 vs 120) than the NP4.
alex78
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by alex78 »

As I have mentioned to other posts, you can not have everything at it's best quality in one board. You sacrifice something depending to your needs. The wave is a synth, so if you need piano or organ you have to compromize with samples or wavetables. If your most important sound is piano then you get a Nord Grand or Nord Piano, but forget about the synth. If you need everything in one portable pacage get the stage, but live with the fact that there will be some small limitations in every section compared to each individual instrument designed especially for the specific sounds.