This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: Any new piano and electric piano sounds coming soon?

Postby Gambold » 27 Aug 2020, 04:25

I'll also add, since there's an element here that takes any serious criticism of Nord as a kind of Sunday school heresy, and I wouldn't want them to torch me at the stake - the acoustic pianos by Nord are the best around. I've played and owned a lot of different boards. It's true that Nord's keybeds are not the best, but they finally have the best grand piano offerings of any vendor I can think of, in terms of sonority, depth, and soul. Maybe you can match them with software and midi, but that's not my jam.

If you can't find it in their library, you can't find it anywhere. Kawai has some rich sounds, and Yamaha tries mightily - but Nord is finally the best for variety and flexibility. As others have pointed out, these are "raw" sounds that often need some tinkering - and they take that tinkering very well. There's also a dense library of uprights that while not as wondrous as the grands, is interesting and a lot of fun to play around with, especially if you like blues or classic pop material.
Last edited by Gambold on 27 Aug 2020, 04:26, edited 2 times in total.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth

The author Gambold was thanked by 4 members, including:
dmamfmgmkiolboSchorschTasten-Bert
Gambold

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Re: Any new piano and electric piano sounds coming soon?

Sponsor

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum