Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: ASSIGNATION MIDI part Up

Postby anotherscott » 15 Aug 2020, 12:57

maxpiano wrote:Anyway, as you and others said, you may overcome that limit using a computer/tablet (with a MIDI routing utility or DAW, MIDI is a slow protocol and latency added is not relevant at all) or dedicated box such as the MIDISolutions Event Processor http://midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm or Router http://midisolutions.com/prodrte.htm

Right, or as I said, even an iPhone, if he might happen to already have one.
anotherscott

Sponsor

Postby Coprah66 » 16 Aug 2020, 06:55

Hello,
Thank you for your answers. I will see how to handle my problem. that said, it would be great for Clavia to modify its OS so that the Electro 6 behaves like Electro 5 in terms of midi channel management. I don't think it's super complicated to do since they've already done it.
After all why not.
Thanks again to everyone.

Friendships.
Georges
Music is the surest medium for a successful escape.
Friendships
Georges
Coprah66

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby anotherscott » 16 Aug 2020, 12:35

Coprah66 wrote:it would be great for Clavia to modify its OS so that the Electro 6 behaves like Electro 5 in terms of midi channel management. I don't think it's super complicated to do since they've already done it.
After all why not.

The architecture of the E5 and E6 are entirely different. The reason assgning MIDI channels to keyboard regions works so well on the E5 is that the E5 has an Upper section and a Lower section (and in turn, you assign sounds to those sections). The E6 doesn't have that... instead it has a Piano section, an Organ section, and a Synth/Sample section (and you assign key ranges to those sections). I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but the E5 approach would not be as naturally consistent with the way the E6 operates.
Last edited by anotherscott on 16 Aug 2020, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.
anotherscott

Postby Coprah66 » 17 Aug 2020, 06:12

Hello,

Thank you for your technical advice. It fits perfectly but it would still be a if we could differentiate a midi channel assigned to each section. Ease of programming and much more functional working comfort. I hope that one day it will happen ...
In the meantime, I will try to use cubase to order the T5, hoping that there will not be too much latency.
Thanks again.

Kind regards.
Georges
Music is the surest medium for a successful escape.
Friendships
Georges
Coprah66

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum