Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

INXS - Never Tear Us Apart

Postby rpossemo » 04 Aug 2020, 13:49

I used to play this song with my Kross 2. Now with the Nord I'm looking for the perfect program for this. Should be easily doable (by someone with knowledge...) with the existing SAMPs. Basic strings, right? I used the Strings Ensamble Leg (20) with some reverb. But surely there is something better and more accurate. Any help?

ALSO I want to play the SAX solo. I cannot find a sax that can mimic the way it is played. Any help with that is very much appreciated!

I am attaching audio with part of intro for the strings and part of the sax solo for reference. Thanks all!
Attachments
INXS-TUA.m4a
Cuts from the song with intro and solo
(622.6 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
*RPM

The author rpossemo was thanked by:
doberman569
rpossemo
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

INXS - Never Tear Us Apart

Sponsor

Re: INXS - Never Tear Us Apart

Postby ericL » 04 Aug 2020, 20:12

It's pretty straightforward to emulate that string sound. I think I have one whenever I get one of my NS3 units near a computer.

As for playing a sax solo from a keyboard, that's another topic altogether. I'd suggest avoiding it. Hire a real sax player or do something completely different like a funky organ, synth lead, clav, or let the guitar player do it. Horn parts like that on keyboards don't go over very well.
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.

The author ericL was thanked by:
rpossemo
ericL
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: INXS - Never Tear Us Apart

Postby rpossemo » 11 Aug 2020, 19:47

I ended up importing one sample from NS2 from another post, and using a factory one. Here I attach the program and the converted sample. Strings on the left. Then on the right I was just playing with some organ and stuff for the solo, but you may want to ignore that.

If anybody uses it and would like to send comments to make it better, those are welcome!
Attachments
Strings_Ensemble__Korg_ste_2.0.nsmp3
(3.57 MiB) Downloaded 233 times
Never.ns3f
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 245 times
*RPM

The author rpossemo was thanked by 2 members, including:
eaglekeyWannitBBBad
rpossemo
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)