Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Is my Nord Rack 2 broken? Please help :)

Postby Chris_101 » 02 Aug 2020, 14:08

Hey all, I can't seem to get patches into my Rack 2. I've read the patch bank section of the manual, repeatedly. I've googled, I've searched these forums. Nothing. Two different midi interfaces that can send midi note data to the Nord just fine.

Here's what I'm doing. Downloaded the patches from Clavia. Am surprised they're in .mid format (not .sys), but it sounds like most around here aren't having an issue with that. I'm on a Mac so I'm loading the .mid files into SysEx Librarian and Logic (although for every other synth I've sent SysEx to, SysEx Librarian has been perfect). I make the midi connection into the Nord (again, I've tried 2 different interfaces), make sure the port settings are correct, and hit play. Nothing happens on the Nord. From what I understand, the patches should be increasing as it's receiving them? The Nord doesn't do anything. I've tried many times. I'm at a loss.

It's especially confusing to me because I can send midi note data without issue.
Chris_101

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Is my Nord Rack 2 broken? Please help :)

Sponsor

Re: Is my Nord Rack 2 broken? Please help :)

Postby Schorsch » 02 Aug 2020, 15:08

Hi Chris, welcomed to NUF :)

There is a section in the manual at Page 73 on how to bulk dump data, did you check it and setup the rack properly?
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Is my Nord Rack 2 broken? Please help :)

Postby Chris_101 » 02 Aug 2020, 15:12

Hi, thank you :)

Yes, I've read that section many times. Nothing happens :/
Chris_101

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum