Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Any Nord Lead 2X Users having fun with the Percussion Kits ?

Postby Muziksculp » 26 Jul 2020, 21:00

Hi,

The Nord Lead 2X/R have the super cool Percussion Kit feature, to be used for generating rhythmic tracks, so.. any NL2X/R Users enjoying this feature, and putting it into their productions ?

Too bad Clavia did not offer this feature in the NL4 or NLA1.

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Muziksculp

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Any Nord Lead 2X Users having fun with the Percussion Kits ?

Sponsor

Re: Any Nord Lead 2X Users having fun with the Percussion Ki

Postby Muied Lumens » 26 Jul 2020, 23:15

Some times I really miss it on my NL4. It's such a great feature - 32 different sounds easily available in total (not that I ever pushed that limit).

I do use the impulse morph on the 4 though, and although it's not quite the same, I have come to love it too. I reckon Nord see it as a replacement for the percussion mode, as you still get 8 different variations which can be completely different.
Last edited by Muied Lumens on 26 Jul 2020, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
Muied Lumens

Postby Muziksculp » 27 Jul 2020, 03:03

Muied Lumens wrote:Some times I really miss it on my NL4. It's such a great feature - 32 different sounds easily available in total (not that I ever pushed that limit).

I do use the impulse morph on the 4 though, and although it's not quite the same, I have come to love it too. I reckon Nord see it as a replacement for the percussion mode, as you still get 8 different variations which can be completely different.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think the NL2X Percussion Kits are very special. I haven't seen this feature in any other Synth. (I have the NL2X-R) imho. it sounds very unique, and has a special sonic character that the newer Nords can't duplicate. That's why I will never sell my NL2X-R , I also have the NL4-R and NLA1-R. All great synths from Clavia, I wonder if they will introduce a new Nord Lead 5, or A2 this year ?
Muziksculp

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby Spider » 27 Jul 2020, 12:25

The percussion kits are quite useful. I think the Novation Bass Station II did something like that in the latest firmware update, with the "AFX Mode" which introduces the "overlay" feature. Basically a set of parameter which can be changed key-by-key, so every key or group of keys can sound totally different.

Not much useful for live playing, but great for sequencing and recording.
Last edited by Spider on 27 Jul 2020, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum