How long to wait for a C2D successor?

The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum
n0rdy

Re: How long to wait for a C2D successor?

Post by n0rdy »

Rob Millis wrote:
Quai34 wrote:"Dual manual clone with extensions": you named it, exactly the right words. Send them your definition and do the marketing for them... :thumbup:
Hmmmm.
Seriously, what the heck is Nord waiting for?! This thing would retire the Hammond SKX for good.
Attachments
file.jpg
file.jpg (194 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
Bjosko
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Post by Bjosko »

I think it would be way to expensive.
Nord have loyal customers, but the competition is hard.
Except Hammond, that some are willing to pay a lot of money for, Crumar, Viscount and Dexibell is aggressively priced.
/Bjørn
n0rdy

Post by n0rdy »

Bjosko wrote:I think it would be way to expensive.
Nord have loyal customers, but the competition is hard.
Except Hammond, that some are willing to pay a lot of money for, Crumar, Viscount and Dexibell is aggressively priced.
The C2D is the same exact price as a Hammond SKX right now. Crumar, Viscount and Dexibell don't offer what this proposed C3D does. Not trying to be argumentative here, but i'm not making any sense from what you are saying here. Sounds defeatist if anything. Are you saying it would be too expensive for them to produce or too expensive for the consumer to buy? Either way, I can't see how to agree with the statement.
Hlaalu

Post by Hlaalu »

I also don't see why such product would be significantly more expensive than average Nord gear already is.

Personally I can't wait for a new organ to be released by Nord and, did it posses the right kind of improvements over the current C2D, I would be more than willing to spend the 3,000 or so that is probably going to cost.
n0rdy

Post by n0rdy »

So the question remains! How long to wait for a C2D successor?? I really don't want to have to spend money on a Hammond SKX, but there aren't any other options at this point.
Spider
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by Spider »

n0rdy wrote:So the question remains! How long to wait for a C2D successor?? I really don't want to have to spend money on a Hammond SKX, but there aren't any other options at this point.
Hammond SK, XK-1C and XK-5, all the Crumar Mojo models, all the Viscount Legend line, Roland VR line, Vox Continental, Yamaha YC-61, and all the more boutique models like Studiologic Numa, Mag Organs etc... Actually there are more options than ever, all great-sounding and almost all cheaper than the C2D...which is probably why Clavia is staying out of this segment for now.
n0rdy

Post by n0rdy »

Spider wrote:
n0rdy wrote:So the question remains! How long to wait for a C2D successor?? I really don't want to have to spend money on a Hammond SKX, but there aren't any other options at this point.
Hammond SK, XK-1C and XK-5, all the Crumar Mojo models, all the Viscount Legend line, Roland VR line, Vox Continental, Yamaha YC-61, and all the more boutique models like Studiologic Numa, Mag Organs etc... Actually there are more options than ever, all great-sounding and almost all cheaper than the C2D...which is probably why Clavia is staying out of this segment for now.
We're talking about a multi-timbral dual manual keyboard that can have organ and extra sounds fully assignable. None of those you mentioned, other than the SKX, can do that.
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by maxpiano »

n0rdy wrote:
Spider wrote:
We're talking about a multi-timbral dual manual keyboard that can have organ and extra sounds fully assignable. None of those you mentioned, other than the SKX, can do that.
GSi DMC-122 with Gemini Expansion can
n0rdy

Post by n0rdy »

maxpiano wrote: GSi DMC-122 with Gemini Expansion can
That appears to be an option. Pretty cheap too, but not a fan of the controls, general design, and the need for an external module. I'd still rather have a Hammond SKX (great functionality, but subpar sounds), and more so this imagined Nord C3D. Nord, take my money!!
Last edited by n0rdy on 21 Jul 2020, 04:18, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaalu

Post by Hlaalu »

Me too. :D

Seriously, whatever it is available or not in the current market for organ clones, the C2D was and still is up there among the very top, so a successor would make a lot of sense in my opinion.

Nord, if you are reading this, just know that we are VERY interested. :P