Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Restore certain presets

Postby sussko » 14 Jul 2020, 01:25

I have recently bought a NP4 and I wanted to try out the White Grand XL. However, all factory presets have already taken all available memory space and I also don't want to delete them. Is there any way to delete a certain set of selected presets and restore them later if I decide not to keep the downloaded piano sample?
sussko

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Restore certain presets

Sponsor

Re: Restore certain presets

Postby Tasten-Bert » 14 Jul 2020, 08:51

Hi sussko,

have you ever tried the Nord Sound Manager? This is the software for your PC or Mac which lets you do all this, if you connect your keyboard to the computer via USB cable. Backups of full memory, up- or downloading of particular sounds and programs and more. This should fulfill your wishes. Sunny regards from the middle of Germany.
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby sussko » 15 Jul 2020, 04:49

Yes, I did already check out some features of the Sound Manager. But my question is that whether it is possible to delete a certain set of presets and restore them again later? I need to remove some piano sounds which are actually already used in several other presets. If I simply delete these sounds and reinstall them again, will all presets be kept?
sussko

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Postby Tasten-Bert » 15 Jul 2020, 10:47

Yes. A preset - or program as they are called in nord terminology - keeps the info which sounds are linked to it. It just then shows a wording like „missing sound“ or similar in the Sound Manager’s display. You could have it even more convenient: If I remember correctly there is a menu point „substitute“ or „replace“ in the Sound Manager. You could swap a large sound file with the smallest one of that category to save memory space and re-swap it again after your testings. Rainy regards today from the middle of Germany
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby lawman » 20 Jul 2020, 10:23

Hi, sussko,
Tasten-Bert is correct. Using the Nord Sound Manager, you can "Substitute" or "Relink" different piano samples into or out of any particular Program, without affecting the other settings, effects and parameters established for that Program. If, though, you want to be able to recreate factory settings from scratch (without doing a complete instrument reset), then you may want to take a look at my compilation of "NP4 Factory Programs," which I posted on 03/26/2019: nord-piano-grand-forum-f10/np4-factory-programs-t17422.html -- I hope you find it useful or at least interesting. If anyone is interested, I also posted a similar chart of "Nord Grand Factory Presets" on 09/02/2019: nord-piano-grand-forum-f10/nord-grand-factory-presets-t18271.html#p121431
lawman

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum