Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Help~the New Nord Grand with uneven volume problem

Postby jazzaxin » 13 Jul 2020, 16:49

hi all ~ I don't think anyone who bought the latest Nord Grand will be as unlucky as I am, but it happened.

I bought Nord Grand at last June(2019) ,and this Nord Grand has never left my studio or dropped since it was bought.just one year later i got problem in the octave of Central C :(

F3 ,Bb3 and C4 ,when I play them, it will be at maximum volume ,randomly.now the Bb3 is 100%

I have tried to contact the seller ( Andertons Music), they suggested that I upgrade the OS to the latest 1.5. I did what they said even if I knew it would not work. Then the result is of course useless.

I think the problem should be with Keypad Rubber Contact Strips. Here I would like to ask for your help.

Should I replace Keypad Rubber Contact Strips?

If so, how can I purchase the Keypad Rubber Contact Strips packaged with Nord Grand?

or

I just need to disassemble the piano and clean the dust on the Keypad Rubber Contact Strips? Apply again with a pencil?

If so, is there any requirement for the quality of the pencil?

thank you very much
Attachments
nordgrand.mov
Nord Grand with uneven volume problem
(2.9 MiB) Downloaded 156 times
jazzaxin

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand

Help~the New Nord Grand with uneven volume problem

Sponsor

Re: Help~the New Nord Grand with uneven volume problem

Postby frapi » 13 Jul 2020, 17:09

Hi jazzaxin,

This sounds (no pun intended) like the problem mentioned in the thread ‘Notes randomly hitting peak velocity’.
I have the exact same problem with my Nord Grand. Since my NG still was under warranty, I’ve contacted the seller and they’ve sent it to the service center in my country for repair. Might be good to check whether yours is still under warranty as well.

I am not knowledgeable enough to give you any advice with respect to addressing the issue yourself.
So, hopefully others can chime in.

Good luck
Last edited by frapi on 13 Jul 2020, 17:23, edited 2 times in total.
frapi

Postby jazzaxin » 13 Jul 2020, 17:17

Thank you very much for your reply.

Unfortunately, I am in France, and my seller is in the United Kingdom. I was so excited that I wanted to get this piano quickly, so I chose the first website to start selling.

Although it is under warranty, it is too difficult for International to re-deliver this instrument across the world without a carton shell.

I didn't expect anyone to encounter the same situation as me, even on the latest model.

Thanks again for your answers.
jazzaxin

Postby Projet Xion » 13 Jul 2020, 23:29

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is a known issue and all the 88 keys (Nord piano 4, Stage 3 and Nord Grand) seem to be affected.
I don't know if Nord fixed the problem with recent units but a lot of people seem to be concerned.
You should find a solution to send it back for the warranty.

Despite of this, I still want to buy a NP4!

The author Projet Xion was thanked by:
jazzaxin
Projet Xion

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Postby ziozeus » 18 Sep 2021, 19:43

I'm trying to have the same info. It is not clear what rubber stripes we should buy. The italian vendor for spare parts lists rubber stripes for 3 sensors nord keybeds for nordpiano and nordstage, but nothing regarding nord grand. Should we buy mp7se and similar kawai material? That would be bad news because a 13 keys rubber stripes costs only 4 euro here in italy. On the other hand as far as I know, kawai doesn't sell rubber stripes separately anymore, but all the pcb board with rubber stripes bundled instead. Anyway i can't get the info on the net and service centre doesn't answer the phone nor my emails here in italy.
Last edited by ziozeus on 18 Sep 2021, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
ziozeus

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum