Comments, suggestions, questions about this forum? Post it here! Also for test purposes or Off-Topic discussions.

Pablo Mastodon

Postby pablomastodon » 08 Jul 2020, 06:19

Hi All. This notice is perhaps overdue, but personal and general worldwide circumstances have delayed this post.

This is a general notice that I am no longer working as Nord Tech Support for either Canadian or US wholesale distributors, effective May 1, 2020. Folks in Canada and the USA seeking tech support will be directed to my former colleague, Matthew Wood. He is a caring and competent individual, but under current circumstances is carrying a significantly heavier load with responsibility for numerous other gear brands as well as Nord, so it may be that the concierge-level service to which some have become accustomed is no longer available. Please note that this is a function of the Canadian and US wholesalers and not a situation over which our friends in Sweden have any direct control. Working with the Nord brand generally and with our friends in Sweden specifically for the past ten years has been one of the major blessings of my life and I am grateful for having had the opportunity to serve in that capacity.

Going forward it is my hope that I will be able to spend more time with my synth collection actually playing and producing music, subject to the competing demands of my wife and her "honey do" lists. That said, I have amassed a large collection of Nord, and other, instruments over the years, many of which are now redundant to me. There were purchased in order to have on hand in case I needed to field detailed inquiries about those models. I have begun the process of taking photos and creating listings on REVERB.COM under my shop, "Pablo Mastodon's Synth Extravaganza." Everything I sell will have gone through meticulous QC process by me prior to listing.

What I'm keeping: NS3-Compact, NW2, NW, NR2X, NLA1R, NL4 (or NR4, haven't decided which yet), C2D, G2E, G2, NR3, MicroModular.
What will become available (some of which listed already): NER2, NMK, NMR, NR1, NSEX-Compact, G2X, G2E, NR4 (or NL4?)

This forum remains, to me, a shining example of the best that the internet can be and offer. As I have said many, many times to countless people, it is populated by friendly and helpful people. Continuing kudos to Johannes and to the succession of moderators and other contributors who have helped to make this the really great place that it is.

Bless, Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun

The author pablomastodon was thanked by 23 members, including:
UncleChubbdmamfmgmmaurustoniolitomaxpianoJohannesajstanspraddersericLPolychrestSpiderJayDeecphollisBerretjebaekgaardSchorschDJKeysharmonizerfieldflowerDanielD71MarlowesMr_-G-Tasten-Bert
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Pablo Mastodon

Sponsor

Re: Pablo Mastodon

Postby Tasten-Bert » 08 Jul 2020, 08:06

Dear Pablo,

I wish you all the best and good luck on your way. We‘ve never met in person, but to me you are something like „the institution“ here. The ONE whose answer is always awaited to give final security.

I hope we don‘t have to miss you here. Again - good luck, and stay healthy! Sunny regards from Germany.
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby maxpiano » 08 Jul 2020, 09:35

Hola Pablo,

I am not one of the many US/Canadian customers you have provided support to during your years serving as Nord official support for NA, but I am 101% confident that you will be missed by them.

It's a pity I Iive too far because I may have considered getting one piece of your gear, just for the pleasure of owning some "Pablo Mastodon's Synth Extravaganza's" ;-)

Hope you will continue staying in touch with the community of this forum and provide your wise and expert advices as you always did so far :-)

All the best! Max
Last edited by maxpiano on 08 Jul 2020, 16:35, edited 3 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby Mr_-G- » 08 Jul 2020, 10:53

Hi Pablo, you are officially the most thanked member of the forum. For those of us that have been hanging around here for some time, that is no surprise and shows without doubts how much appreciation there is for you in this community. Here it is once more: Thank you!
I am sure all of us here hope to see you around,and that the new endeavours in music production go well (please let us hear your works!).
Lots of success!

Mr_-G-

Edit: typo
Last edited by Mr_-G- on 08 Jul 2020, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

The author Mr_-G- was thanked by 2 members, including:
baekgaardMarlowes
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby DanielD71 » 08 Jul 2020, 12:28

Pablo contacted me directly to understand my issue with my C2. A day or two after, I received a beta firmware from Nord that fix my issue.

Thanks Pablo!!!

Regards
Daniel
DanielD71

Postby harmonizer » 08 Jul 2020, 16:22

Thank you for all the expertise you have shared, and all the support you have provided to us.
harmonizer

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Postby DJKeys » 08 Jul 2020, 16:33

Hi, Pablo-

We have had a number of conversations and you know how much I appreciated the level of service you provided. I wish you all the best in your next endeavors, stay safe and take care, my friend!

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby Schorsch » 08 Jul 2020, 17:21

Hi Pablo,

all the best for your future engagements, I hope you will stay here as one of the most valuable members of NUF and we are able to enjoy your profund know how :thanks: :thumbup:
Last edited by Schorsch on 08 Jul 2020, 17:23, edited 3 times in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby cgrafx » 08 Jul 2020, 17:25

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for generous time and support here in these forums. Wishing you success and happiness in your future endeavors.

Philip
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Rusty Mike » 08 Jul 2020, 19:47

Pablo, I hope you won’t wander far from the forum!

We are obviously not aware of the circumstances (and you don’t owe us an explanation), but I hope that things are moving in a good direction for you. Thanks for all you’ve contributed on behalf of American Music & Sound, as well as your input here. You’ve always spoken from the heart, which I very much appreciate.

Mike
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Piano 5 73, Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Next

Return to Off Topic / About this Forum