Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Nord Electro 2 Errors E7/8

Postby andrespilar » 09 Jun 2020, 04:27

maxpiano wrote:Hello Andres, I am afraid this could be a HW fault that needs to be checked by the official/authorized Nord service (contact your country distributor to know which one is teh nearest to you)

Sorry what do you mean with "HW"?
Thanks Max
andrespilar

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Sponsor

Postby baekgaard » 09 Jun 2020, 06:47

andrespilar wrote:
maxpiano wrote:Hello Andres, I am afraid this could be a HW fault that needs to be checked by the official/authorized Nord service (contact your country distributor to know which one is teh nearest to you)

Sorry what do you mean with "HW"?
Thanks Max
Hardware - so not a software problem that could be fixed by downloading something to the board, but the components or connections inside the piano that is broken and needs too be repaired.
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Nord Electro 2 Errors E7/8 (Solution FLASH MEMORY DAMAGE

Postby andrespilar » 09 Jun 2020, 15:42

I solved the problem, with the help of endorser in Argentina Fabián Prado. He guided me by phone.

Problem:
Turning Nord Piano 4 on display says "Piano Flash Error Init Fail [0]". Can´t connect via USB.

Solution:
1) Turn the piano on while pressing SHIFT+KBD SPLIT.
2) At the menu displayed on screen, go to SYSTEM - option 3/14: "ERASE FLASH PNO" - Press the combination of keys lighted to confirm.
3) Process of erase take 15 minutes aprox.
4) Shut dow and turn on the piano again this time pressing SHIFT+STORE (Update mode).
5) Connect via USB and reinstall the lastest version of OS (in my case was v2.5)
6) Now you will see no pianos in the memory, just can use the synths.
7) Download the package "Nord Piano 4 Factory Restore RevC v2.5X.np4b" for Nord website.
8) Via Nord Sound Manager, install the factory restore package. Takes 1 hour aprox.
9) Ready!

Thanks a lot Fabián Prado. I share the solution in this post because I don´t know how to post it at a new one.

The author andrespilar was thanked by 5 members, including:
FZiegleranalogikaMr_-G-SchorschArjan P
andrespilar

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Postby Neirdao » 22 Nov 2022, 22:50

Hi,

I'm Adrien, I'm a french musician. Si I don't speak english perfectly. But I have a problem with my Nord electro 1.
I know, it is a little bit old but it is still useful.

Since Yesterday, when I turn it on, E7 appears on the screen.... Is it dead? What should I do?

Thanks
Neirdao

Postby pterm » 23 Nov 2022, 02:36

Neirdao wrote:Since Yesterday, when I turn it on, E7 appears on the screen.... Is it dead? What should I do?

I believe the Electro 1 is similar to the Electro2. The Electro 2 service manual (link below) says:
Display shows ’E7’
This error code indicates that there are errors on the software in FLASH. The problem can be cured by
updating the software to the latest version. The software is uploaded via MIDI with an update program
that can be downloaded at http://www.clavia.se. Follow the instructions as displayed by the program. In some
cases, this might not cure the problem.

http://www.workhousepoets.com/NE2%20Service%20Manual%20&%20Schematics.pdf

I don't recall if the Electro 1 supports software download though...
pterm
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby Neirdao » 26 Feb 2023, 00:40

Hi,

Excuse me, I tried several Times but I can't make the update, my PC doesn't see the keyboard...

:sad:

I have a Nord electro, an old one, but it doesn't be useful ...

:sad:

Anyone has got a solution ???

Please !!!! :shifty:
Neirdao

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum