Difference between QSC K8.2 and K10.2

All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.
uro-frank
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Re: Difference between QSC K8.2 and K10.2

Post by uro-frank »

Rusty Mike wrote:Unless you need substantial bass, the K8.2 speakers will suit you just fine.

I had owned the original K10s and K8s and found the 8's much more accurate for keys. The 10's were just slightly tubby by comparison, although they still sounded great. I play through a pair of 8.2's now and they have all the range I need. I've even done some left hand bass for a few big band rehearsals using a single K8.2 speaker.
Thanks for this opinion!!! So I think I will buy the 8.2's... easier to transport, more sound-angle, and a bit cheaper also ;-). And if the bass really will not be enough, there is the possibility of subwoofers, if I would take it sometimes als PA for smaller gigs instead of the RCF Evox 8. And for bigger events we had to rent some bigger stuff anyway...

Thansk all of You for your help!!! :keyboard: :yourock:
Nordstage 2 EX 88 with Doepfer D3M MIDI-waterfall-keyboard as organ-manual.
2x QSC K8.2 amplification
:keyboard:
cphollis
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Post by cphollis »

Good choice -- I concur!
I think I have gear issues ....
uro-frank
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Post by uro-frank »

Rusty Mike wrote:Unless you need substantial bass, the K8.2 speakers will suit you just fine.

I had owned the original K10s and K8s and found the 8's much more accurate for keys. The 10's were just slightly tubby by comparison, although they still sounded great. I play through a pair of 8.2's now and they have all the range I need. I've even done some left hand bass for a few big band rehearsals using a single K8.2 speaker.
Hi there, until reading all your recommendations, yesterday I did buy a pair of QSC K8.2, 3 month old, with bags for 900.-€. So I think that was a good deal and I am looking forward to have them with my Nordstage!

Mike, or somebody else... do you have good sound-presets for the Fender Rhodes and Wurlitzer Pianos for the Nordstage 2? I know, the Nordstage 3 has a new special section for the piano sounds but I don't have this in the NS 2 EX 88. If somebody has presets for NS2, which he could send via PN or mail I would be glad. Or somebody could write the parameters for

Piano type: (EP1 to 9? Wurli?)
Dynamics: ...
EQ: Bass..., Mid..., Treble ...
Drive ...
Effect (Chorus/Tremolo with rate and amount) ...

Thanks for your help!!! I am getting closer and closer to the best E-Piano sound I think! :clap: :D :keyboard2:
Nordstage 2 EX 88 with Doepfer D3M MIDI-waterfall-keyboard as organ-manual.
2x QSC K8.2 amplification
:keyboard: