Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

A couple of questions about the Grand

Postby Evans The Song » 23 May 2020, 00:03

I'm seriously thinking of buying a Grand - it looks and sounds great on all the YouTube demos I've been watching. But, until the current restrictions are lifted, I can't get to a store to try one out. In the meantime, I'd be very grateful if any Grand owners on here could answer a couple of questions:

1) Can you give me the measurements of the top wooden panel? I have a couple of small monitors which sound great when playing my Nord Stage, and I'm hoping they will fit comfortably on top of the Grand without having to use separate stands (just for home use!)

2) If you've had a Grand for a while how is the reliability of the keyboard itself - any annoying squeaks or clicks developing? This is the only downside of my Nord Stage 2EX and I'd hate for the same thing to happen with the Grand - I'm hoping the Kawai keybed will be more reliable, especially given the asking price.

Evans The Song

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

A couple of questions about the Grand

Sponsor

Re: A couple of questions about the Grand

Postby musicaldudeist » 23 May 2020, 17:24

The top panel is just under 6.5 inches deep.
I was one of the first to get the Grand in the US and I have yet to have any issues with noise or movement in the keys. However, I don't play it super heavy either though.
Nord Grand, Nord Wave 2, Yamaha YDP-184, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Studio Logic SL88 Grand, Pianoteq 7 Pro, Garritan CFX, Teenage Engineering OP-1, and a smattering of Ukuleles.

The author musicaldudeist was thanked by:
Evans The Song
musicaldudeist

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Re: A couple of questions about the Grand

Postby Evans The Song » 23 May 2020, 19:01

musicaldudeist wrote:The top panel is just under 6.5 inches deep.
I was one of the first to get the Grand in the US and I have yet to have any issues with noise or movement in the keys. However, I don't play it super heavy either though.

Thanks for your reply - I'm not a heavy player either so that's a good sign :)

The author Evans The Song was thanked by:
musicaldudeist
Evans The Song

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum