This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

What is the actual difference between the NL2/NL2x

Postby Martu » 17 May 2020, 00:45

I'm planning on getting the Nord Lead 2 for November, but have had this issue of knowing which would be better for a month. The main purpose is to connect the keyboard to my Windows with a Midi Interface, which I can use to play notes directly to my Fl Studio. But what concerns me the most is that if the NL2x Sound way softer than the NL2 cause I need a really harsh sounding one if you know what I mean.

This question may also be a bit off topic, but if I could be offered some help i'd gladly want to know how to connect the NL2 to my pc.
Martu

What is the actual difference between the NL2/NL2x

Sponsor

Re: What is the actual difference between the NL2/NL2x

Postby baekgaard » 17 May 2020, 11:46

If you connect an instrument via MIDI, there is no audio transferred, so there is no difference in what instrument you connect (apart from the feel of the keys and the velocity curves). So in that context you might as well get a MIDI keyboard and connect to your PC (possibly with USB instead).

If you also want to use the keyboard as a sound source, you need an audio interface too and then it of course matters which you get.

As for the NL2 vs NL2X then the later can play the same sounds, but has higher polyphony, more memory and better DA converters.

The author baekgaard was thanked by:
Marlowes
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to General Nord Forum