Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Re: Europe-The final countdown - notes

Postby alex78 » 13 May 2020, 20:50

Very good work all of them have done...This song involves lots of sounds and it's very difficult to reproduce exactly, especially if you do not own a stage. I use my wave for the intro pitch-shifting sound, the brass and the chords on the chorus. For the rest (pads, synth bass and some effects) I am trying to put them all together in a single sample so that I can play them with the electro. A wave2 would be ideal for this song!
alex78
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Sponsor

Postby hilbilly parade » 13 May 2020, 22:04

I tried to upload the whole bundle for everyone but size is causing issues I made a link to my google drive best I can do for now. Here is the link to my old thread where you can find a video and a link to my drive.

nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/final-countdown-intro-synth-t19373.html#p130762
hilbilly parade
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby alex78 » 13 May 2020, 22:43

I watched the video, sounds very good! The bundle contains a stage program and the related samples I suppose, right?
In my occasion I have sampled sounds from my wave and done some mixing in an external software in order to achieve some things.
For the intro I have recorded each single note of the bass synth and mixed it with the corresponding chord in a soft pad. That way I have bass and pad together in a single key for my left hand while playing the brass with my right. I have another sound that glides from an F# one octave higher and fading out, and I have put that in a D# key very close to where I play the bass and pad thing. I hit that halfway the intro for some emphasis. Then I have a windy like sound created with the noise oscilator and tweaking the filter in real time, that is assigned to the next D# and comes in with the last chord of the intro to lead into the full band entering. Then comes the verse pad and the choir-like pad for the pre-verse. And there is also a low synth bass F# far left with slow attack that I play along the Choir pad in the pre-chorus.
For the chorus I have panel A in my wave loaded with a sample of a dx7 piano layered with some synth strings and that is ranging in the first two octaves so that it doesn't blend with the brass. Then I have the brass in panel B fading in from silence as I move to the right (the wave does not support splits so that's a way to cheat it). For the Guitar solo part I have the second oscillator of panel A set up with an organ wavetable that fades in when I step the pedal, it gives some body to the sound that is needed when the guitar plays in high notes.
It's a little complicated but I think I'm satisfied how it works!
Last edited by alex78 on 13 May 2020, 22:46, edited 2 times in total.
alex78
Patch Creator

Postby alex78 » 13 May 2020, 23:00

Another problem is the second melody in the intro. In the studio it's overdubbed, but in a gig it is impossible to play it, as both hands are playing other things at the same moment. So I will let the guitarist do it instead...Even Mick himself has the whole intro prerecorded and he starts playing with the rest of the band!
alex78
Patch Creator

Postby hilbilly parade » 14 May 2020, 00:29

Yes bundle contains everything you need.
hilbilly parade
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Previous

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)