Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Set Dynamics curve per pad?

Postby Isoparmesan » 25 Apr 2020, 04:47

Just picked up a new Nord Drum 3P. In the manual it says "Dy - Dynamics: There are six different dynamic response curves that can be individually applied to each of the channels."

However, when I change this setting (shift + pad mode button twice, turning the selection dial), it changes it for all of the channels, and I can't seem to figure out a way to isolate the setting for one channel. The trig/mono lights for all of the channels turn green when I enter this setting mode.
Isoparmesan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Set Dynamics curve per pad?

Sponsor

Re: Set Dynamics curve per pad?

Postby wartaler » 29 Apr 2020, 19:36

Hi Isoparmesan, welcome to the forum!

Sorry for the late response. The manual does suggest it can be set per pad, I don't own the 3p, but perhaps I can help checking if it's a global setting or not.. When you have the dynamics parameter in your display, use the channel/pad selection buttons to check the parameter for a couple of pads, if they all have the same setting, select one channel, change the dyn parameter with the knob, then check the other channels/pads, if they now all show the new setting, the dynamic curve is set globally for all 6 channels..

Hope this helps,
Albert
Last edited by wartaler on 05 May 2020, 18:21, edited 5 times in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Return to Nord Drum Forum