Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Pan 1 and Pan 2 not coming through on amp or PA

Postby ScottPerry » 14 Apr 2020, 17:15

Hi! I am pretty sure I am connecting the keyboard properly however I seem to lose some sound quality and functionality. I can really tell when I connect the headphones and listen to the sound difference. Using an Electro 6d, Anyone else experience this issue?

Thanks

Scott
ScottPerry

Pan 1 and Pan 2 not coming through on amp or PA

Sponsor

Re: Pan 1 and Pan 2 not coming through on amp or PA

Postby maxpiano » 14 Apr 2020, 18:11

ScottPerry wrote:I seem to lose some sound quality and functionality. I can really tell when I connect the headphones and listen to the sound difference.

Sorry but... what is exactly the issue? Not so clear... however, in general, Pan effects require a stereo connection to be properly heard i.e. on the NE6 this means using both Out 1 & 2 as L/R channels and Stereo Output Routing mode set in System settings + if you connect the NE6 to a mixer with mono channels you must fully panpot each of those 2 channels (e.g. Out 1 connected to mixer's channel "A " panned 100% to L and Out2 connected to Channel "B" panned 100% to R). Are you using this type of configuration or if not please describe yours (and detail the issues you are detecting).

PS: of course the listening positions also plays a key role with panning effects, headphones are perfect for that while with speakers you must be in the "ideal" listening position of the PA system (i.e. the "audio focus" based on the speakers positioning) and it will anyway never be 100% like hearing the same effect with the headphones.
Last edited by maxpiano on 14 Apr 2020, 18:27, edited 9 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Pan 1 and Pan 2 not coming through on amp or PA

Postby JohnT » 14 Apr 2020, 19:15

I think Maxpiano nailed it. I ran into this when I first started using my Nord.
Make sure you output both stereo channels and pan them hard left and hard right.
If they are centered, the sound is awful do to phasing.
Current rig: Nord Electro SW4, Kurzweil K2500XS, Roland XP-30, Proteus 2000, QSC K8.2, QSC K10.2, Yamaha HS80M, Auratones, Mackie 802-VLZ3, Focusrite Saphire Pro 40, MOTU MicroLite, Samsung Servo 120a, Sony MDR 7506 & MDR 7509HD, Sennheiser HD-650
JohnT

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Return to Nord Electro Forum