Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Nord Grand OS Update 1.50 is out

Postby musicaldudeist » 04 Mar 2020, 17:22

New update is out and it adds Sample Editor 3 support! woo hoooo!!
Nord Grand, Nord Wave 2, Yamaha YDP-184, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Studio Logic SL88 Grand, Pianoteq 7 Pro, Garritan CFX, Teenage Engineering OP-1, and a smattering of Ukuleles.

The author musicaldudeist was thanked by:
honey
musicaldudeist

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Nord Grand OS Update 1.50 is out

Sponsor

Re: Nord Grand OS Update 1.50 is out

Postby tkmmusician » 24 Mar 2020, 12:40

Where can I find a list published either here or on nordkeyboards.com of the changes/updates made on each firmware update?

Also, where can I find a list of which actual pianos were sampled for the Nord Grand? Some of them are obvious (Imperial Grand), others not (Velvet Grand).

Thanks!
tkmmusician

Postby Schorsch » 24 Mar 2020, 14:35

tkmmusician wrote:Where can I find a list published either here or on nordkeyboards.com of the changes/updates made on each firmware update?

There is a link on the page where the update can be downloaded, it says "Update history can be found here", for Nord Grand it's this one: https://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/nord-grand/nord-grand-update-history

tkmmusician wrote:Also, where can I find a list of which actual pianos were sampled for the Nord Grand? Some of them are obvious (Imperial Grand), others not (Velvet Grand)

I don't think that there have been pianos sampled specifically for the Nord Grand, they are all made for use in all Nord instruments which support the piano library like Nord Electro, Nord Stage and Nord Grand.

The Imperial Grand you mentioned has been created back in 2011, the Velvet Grand in 2015 so both long time before the Nord Grand has been released. The "Grand Pinao" section in Nord's piano library contains samples FROM various grand pianos, but not samples specifically FOR the Nord Grand.
Last edited by Schorsch on 24 Mar 2020, 14:42, edited 3 times in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby olzam » 02 Apr 2020, 10:44

tkmmusician wrote:
Also, where can I find a list of which actual pianos were sampled for the Nord Grand? Some of them are obvious (Imperial Grand), others not (Velvet Grand).

Thanks!

FIle names and https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... no-library give clues and it can be fun to find by yourself, but look at that (from Nord Stage forum) :
nord-stage-forum-f3/models-of-piano-samples-t19136.html
olzam

Postby Vivelevin » 09 Jun 2020, 20:41

Question: When my Nord Grand arrived recently, it showed v1.50 so I knew is was a new Nord Grand. This morning, very strange, the version said 1.60. Why would it have changed? I have not been near the Nord website for any updates...didn’t even have a computer that could change the update. I now have a new iMac but it is 20 feet away from the keyboard...not sure how I am going to update it unless there is a super long cable I can get. Help!
Vivelevin

Postby FZiegler » 10 Jun 2020, 19:19

According to the Nord web page, v1.50 is the latest OS. Still 1.60 on your instrument?
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum