Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

The Doors HELP

Postby ellervis » 22 Mar 2020, 06:43

Ty so much twice to Analogika for helping me! I found some good samples to light my fire, when the musics over and soul kitchen, AND i'm now able to play Waiting for the sun!

So i have 3 question about doors i really hope you guys can help me.

First: now when i got the right organ as a synth im not able to use my bass synth, i used.
Is there any samples for Fender rhodes bass? On youtube they guide me to, EMP MK 1 low deep it sounds okay, but i do not like the sound much against my old one, and i can't turn touch sentitive off it is still there, and i used this for a long time as my left hand: nord fndprec but now i can't split up anymore... So my question is, is there some good settigns for EMP MK 1 low deep, i only use sustped, or can i get my nord fndprec as a keyboard split (will be great and i know is not 100 % but im a bassist for 10 years and i like that sound very much, and it easy and not touch sentitive.) or another idea for my left hand? PLEASE explain noob guide, because im new to keyboard and i really need a better settings for my bass.

Second: Live when ray is playing solo he is pretty high and when is done he is quiet, how can he change his volume with no free hands? is that a musicman who control it behind? Live versions of light my fire is a good example.

third: How to get right sounds for these songs

Strange days, End of the Night, when the msucis over (after he said "the scream of the butterfly)

Greetings Caspar
ellervis
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

The Doors HELP

Sponsor

Re: The Doors HELP

Postby FZiegler » 22 Mar 2020, 09:37

Hi Caspar,

You've got a great instrument, but you should read at least part of the manual to understand what you can do with it. You have some really basic questions.

You know a classic electro organ has a swell pedal: the Nord has, too. So, get you a swell pedal (search the forum for some recommendations).

How to find sounds: You may browse the presets. But you already tried to look into the different parts of the instrument - the organ, the piano and the sample synth part. They can be played at the same time: in combination (= layered), in split mode etc. So take the organ sound from the organ section and the sample bass from the sample synth section and play a bit with the knobs.

The touch sensitivity is set in the Dynamics setting (1, 2, 3 and off). P. 20 in the english manual.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars

The author FZiegler was thanked by:
ellervis
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Schorsch » 22 Mar 2020, 10:07

Hi Caspar,

for your first topic: you mentioned that you got the right organ as a synth, do you mean you use the synth section to create the organ sound, and do you use a sample for this organ sound or do you use the synth engine?
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby analogika » 22 Mar 2020, 11:28

Schorsch wrote:Hi Caspar,

for your first topic: you mentioned that you got the right organ as a synth, do you mean you use the synth section to create the organ sound, and do you use a sample for this organ sound or do you use the synth engine?

He is using a sample of the Gibson organ.

For a swell pedal, I can recommend the Yamaha FC-7. Not the cheapest, but I recently had to replace my first one after twenty-seven years. I hope they're still built to the same standards, but that's a hell of a run.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Postby Schorsch » 22 Mar 2020, 12:18

If a sample is used for the organ sound the swell pedal would not help, as it is operating on the organ engine only, right?

@ellervis: if you need a split to use the organ sample and a decent bass sample together there is just one option from my point of view: re-sample both and create a new sample file with the bass in the lower section and the organ sound in the upper section. I can try to do this if you could provide me the bass sample and the organ sample, and also let me know the key range for the bass and the key range for the organ.
Regards Schorsch

Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Schorsch
Donator

Postby FZiegler » 22 Mar 2020, 14:31

Caspar,

I don't have an Electro, I just read your manual: p. 29 - the control pedal jack is used for volume and swell control "and/or Effect 1". I don't find a note what this exactly means. So maybe, you can even control the sample volume - but I'm not sure. Maybe Schorsch is right and it works only for the organ section. No idea.

If that was the case, you would have to find a stereo volume pedal to connect to audio-out. Then any sound would be controlled by the pedal.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Postby ellervis » 22 Mar 2020, 15:48

FZiegler wrote:Hi Caspar,

You've got a great instrument, but you should read at least part of the manual to understand what you can do with it. You have some really basic questions.

You know a classic electro organ has a swell pedal: the Nord has, too. So, get you a swell pedal (search the forum for some recommendations).

How to find sounds: You may browse the presets. But you already tried to look into the different parts of the instrument - the organ, the piano and the sample synth part. They can be played at the same time: in combination (= layered), in split mode etc. So take the organ sound from the organ section and the sample bass from the sample synth section and play a bit with the knobs.

The touch sensitivity is set in the Dynamics setting (1, 2, 3 and off). P. 20 in the english manual.

ty so much i know the dynamic settings but it wasn't my point on the bass part :) my organ is as a synth part because is it a sample thats my problem :)
ellervis
Patch Creator

Postby Schorsch » 22 Mar 2020, 16:19

Hi Ellervis, I can try to create a sample with both your organ sound and a bass sound if you like, see my previous answer. Just send me the organ and bass samples you want to habe combined and let me know the split point
Regards Schorsch

Schorsch
Donator

Postby ellervis » 22 Mar 2020, 18:47

Schorsch wrote:Hi Ellervis, I can try to create a sample with both your organ sound and a bass sound if you like, see my previous answer. Just send me the organ and bass samples you want to habe combined and let me know the split point

ty so much! but i only have the sample for the organ, the bass is on nord as a nordfile as you can see, so i really hope you can help me.

i want the split point to be C4 on all of them and one when the musics over for F3

i hope you can help me ty
Attachments
VOX_NORD_Samples_Original_Files.zip
and this is the organ, i want ALL of them :)
(22.78 MiB) Downloaded 149 times
FndPrec_Direct_ST mono 2.0 (1).nsmp
This is the bass for my left hand
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 115 times

The author ellervis was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
ellervis
Patch Creator

Postby ellervis » 22 Mar 2020, 19:01

analogika wrote:
Schorsch wrote:Hi Caspar,

He is using a sample of the Gibson organ.

For a swell pedal, I can recommend the Yamaha FC-7. Not the cheapest, but I recently had to replace my first one after twenty-seven years. I hope they're still built to the same standards, but that's a hell of a run.
Attachments
FndPrec_Direct_ST mono 2.0.nsmp
this is the bass i want :)
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 115 times
VOX_NORD_Samples_Original_Files.zip
no i have this now
(22.78 MiB) Downloaded 129 times
ellervis
Patch Creator

Next

Return to Nord Electro Forum