Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Can't find Synth collections

Postby thekiller01 » 11 Mar 2020, 19:20

It's a while since I've looked online in the Nord Sample Library, but I seem to recall many vintage synths being available, with a library of many sounds for each.
e.g. Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Prophet - possibly even Moog (not certain now what was available, but along these lines).
But I can't find any, anymore. Have they been taken down?
Using Stage 2, by the way.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
thekiller01

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Can't find Synth collections

Sponsor

Re: Can't find Synth collections

Postby maxpiano » 11 Mar 2020, 19:41

https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... y-20/synth for v2 samples and...

...the "hidden" v1 page you probably refer to is .... this one https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... wer-synths

The author maxpiano was thanked by 2 members, including:
WannitBBBadgledhillda
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby cookie » 12 Mar 2020, 13:33

Thanks MaxPiano.

Am I correct in saying that the Library archives samples (https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... ry-archive) are ALL included in the library v2 (https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... library-20) (those split by "Sound Collection"=instruments and "Categories"=sound type) )?

And moreover, that the sample library v2 contains more samples anyway than the library archive (therefore library v2 is definively the place to search) ?

As for the hidden v1 page (29 nice synths by the way !), are those included somewhere in the v2 page (as I expected to find them in the "Sound Collection") ?

Fred
Last edited by cookie on 12 Mar 2020, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
cookie
Patch Creator

Postby maxpiano » 12 Mar 2020, 14:00

Looks like not all of them are included... you can quickly check it yourself comparing the two libraries synth pages (there was a dedicated topic in the past here on NUF)
Last edited by maxpiano on 12 Mar 2020, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby Quai34 » 12 Mar 2020, 15:29

Anytime I see people searching for the synth collection, I remember all the nice Moog and Arp and others that i loaded from the website to the computer when I got the Stage 2...and never have enough space to load all of them...
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby pablomastodon » 12 Mar 2020, 16:49

I think there's an echo in this room...
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby cookie » 12 Mar 2020, 17:55

pablomastodon wrote:I think there's an echo in this room...

As long as it's not an echo-rona virus...

Fred
cookie
Patch Creator

Postby gledhillda » 09 Jun 2021, 17:13

maxpiano wrote:https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libraries/nord-sample-library-20/synth for v2 samples and...

...the "hidden" v1 page you probably refer to is .... this one https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... wer-synths
x

Wow man that is awesome info, sorry I missed that when search the forum. I find the search function seems to return reams of stuff and many many pages of it and can take ages! wish there was an option to just get one discussion rather than all the replies and bigger results lists per page (maybe there is and I didn't find that!). I guess I hadn't thought of the idea of hidden pages, is that nord trying to withdraw support for older products and encourage us to upgrade?

I've copied ALL of them, just in case.

one more daft question is there any utility out there to allow you to prelisten to nsmp files before loading. there is such little memory on the electro 3 it could take hours to go through them all by downloading to the unit? I didn't notice anything on the download tab?

THanks a million MaxP.
gledhillda

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby maxpiano » 09 Jun 2021, 18:16

gledhillda wrote:I find the search function seems to return reams of stuff and many many pages of it and can take ages! wish there was an option to just get one discussion rather than all the replies and bigger results lists per page (maybe there is and I didn't find that!).

(...)
one more daft question is there any utility out there to allow you to prelisten to nsmp files before loading. there is such little memory on the electro 3 it could take hours to go through them all by downloading to the unit? I didn't notice anything on the download tab?

THanks a million MaxP.

YW :)

To your questions:

- you can use the Advanced Search (linked in the Portal home page under the Search box) search.php

- unfortunately no util to listen to .nsmp samples before loading them
Last edited by maxpiano on 09 Jun 2021, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
gledhillda
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby FZiegler » 09 Jun 2021, 18:31

Hi MaxP.,

no, there is no software sound engine making an nsmp file audible. But some samples are accompanied by sound examples. I just found it complicated to get them downloaded from soundcloud.

The reason why that synth page is hidden was presumed to be for trademark rights - according to the guesses of some forum members.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Next

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)