The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

Re: So I bought another C2d, not a Legend or Mojo...

Postby Ray888 » 28 Feb 2020, 12:12

Hello...I echo your thoughts on C2d...I play J.Smith inspired stuff most of time...am a bit fed up with.chorus C3 (warble) & percussion too pingy (regardles of amp used). However re: action...I like the positive nature of it, but too stiff as you say...I come from design/engineeringish background so thought I'd experiment a bit!..I,ve always lost money on clones and was reluctant to do it again. I'm not recommending this change I made but it's worked for me. To weaken the springing without wearing the mechanical aspect of the action I did the following...Placed 2"X2" wood batten measuring the length of manual on UM black notes and placed weight on it sufficient to lower all the notes (quite a lot of weight!) and left it for half hour. This was repeated for the UM white notes. Whole process repeated for lower manual. This did lighten the action without reducing positivity. I repeated whole process resulting in the action being weighed down for 1 hour in total. For me it has worked without damaging anything. I really hope this is of interest but I stress that I'm NOT suggesting you do what I did, but its worked for me. Now I just have to practice and become a better player!
I don't think Nord R&D read these mails otherwise they would sorted the C3 chorus & percussion which is central to my playing and awful as others have noted. Apart from anything else they'd sell more of the things:-) Regards Ray
Ray888

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D

Re: So I bought another C2d, not a Legend or Mojo...

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum