General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

NS3: can you re-assign effects from ctrl pedal to the wheel?

Postby BassJo » 08 Jul 2019, 15:04

Hi,

i downloaded and installed Mike Patricks soundbank. When i used the Collosseum strings i see that they have an ctrl pedal effect. Can i re-assign all the effects at once to the mod wheel? And if, how can i do this?
And if not: how can i see which effects are assigned to the ctrl pedal? Volume is easy, other effects are not so visible...
Thanks in advance for your help!
Last edited by BassJo on 08 Jul 2019, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 HP76
Roland Jupiter 80
BassJo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

NS3: can you re-assign effects from ctrl pedal to the wheel?

Sponsor

Re: NS3: can you re-assign effects from ctrl pedal to the wh

Postby maxpiano » 08 Jul 2019, 15:34

Not at once or automatically, you should manually check the Modwheel morphs and manually assign the same controls/amounts to CtrlPedal but on NS3 this seems not to be possible... see last 2 posts of post93014.html

A workaround could be to monitor the MIDI CCs generated by the MW full swing (back and forth) morph so that you can detect the value range (in terms of MIDI CCs values) as a track to recreate the same with CtrlPedal

Warning: another limit is that MW can also be assigned to control Synth vibrato, control pedal can't.
Last edited by maxpiano on 08 Jul 2019, 15:39, edited 6 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby ajstan » 08 Jul 2019, 17:29

From the v1.60 release notes:

"Morphs can be copied by pressing Monitor/Copy Panel + Wheel/ATouch/Ctrlped and pasted to another morph source (same procedure but with Shift button) Note: Morphs are copied/pasted on a per-panel basis.'

This will copy all of the assigned morphs. Make sure you delete the pedal morphs afterwards so they don't clash with the wheel morphs.
Last edited by ajstan on 08 Jul 2019, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K Gig Camera, Behringer XR18 Mixer

The author ajstan was thanked by 3 members, including:
MvanDstopmakingsensepablomastodon
ajstan

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby BassJo » 08 Jul 2019, 17:55

ajstan wrote:From the v1.60 release notes:

"Morphs can be copied by pressing Monitor/Copy Panel + Wheel/ATouch/Ctrlped and pasted to another morph source (same procedure but with Shift button) Note: Morphs are copied/pasted on a per-panel basis.'

This will copy all of the assigned morphs. Make sure you delete the pedal morphs afterwards so they don't clash with the wheel morphs.

Yes, that worked, Thanks! :thumbup:
indeed, copy-paste per Bank.
Nord Stage 3 HP76
Roland Jupiter 80
BassJo

Postby maxpiano » 08 Jul 2019, 18:42

ajstan wrote:From the v1.60 release notes:

Whoops... the post I found was apparently too old :mrgreen: better so (also with a view to own a 3 sometime...)! :thumbup:

Still they can't be "analyzed" parameter per parameter (can they)?
Last edited by maxpiano on 08 Jul 2019, 18:45, edited 2 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby ajstan » 08 Jul 2019, 21:03

For the Level knobs and Drawbar LEDs you will see the low/high parameters by pressing the associated Morph button (or you could just move the associated controller to see the high/low range). You are correct that for the rest, you just see the green LED to indicate a Morph has been assigned and I don't know of a way to display the values selected other than when the Morph is being created. :)
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K Gig Camera, Behringer XR18 Mixer
ajstan

Postby Schorsch » 08 Jul 2019, 22:04

ajstan wrote: You are correct that for the rest, you just see the green LED to indicate a Morph has been assigned and I don't know of a way to display the values selected other than when the Morph is being created. :)

That‘s something I am missing - an easy way to get all parameters shown. I wish there would be such a function to document all settings of a program in one of the next releases of the Nord Sound Manager. That would also ease the way to re-create programs from older-generation instruments like the Nord Stage 2 or Nord Electro 4/5 for the current generation
Last edited by Schorsch on 08 Jul 2019, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Postby stopmakingsense » 11 Jul 2019, 16:09

Hey Ajstan: Thank you for the great tip on copying and pasting Morphs to a different morph source.
I will make good use of that.
stopmakingsense

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Postby dagobert » 23 Feb 2020, 19:43

Schorsch wrote:
ajstan wrote: You are correct that for the rest, you just see the green LED to indicate a Morph has been assigned and I don't know of a way to display the values selected other than when the Morph is being created. :)

That‘s something I am missing - an easy way to get all parameters shown.

What you can do is display the start- and end-value of a morph for each parameter by holding MORPH ASSIGN WHEEL (or ATOUCH or CTRLPED) together with MONITOR/COPY and then turning the knob with a morphed parameter. This gives you e.g.
Code: Select all
Flt Freq
To: 7.5 Hz

You can also double-click on the MORPH ASSIGN to lock it (led then blinks) and hold just MONITORING/COPY and the morphed knob for ease of use.
dagobert

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby BuckW » 22 Mar 2022, 12:42

After updating the OS this worked for me as well. I wound up copying from mod wheel to after touch because control pedal was used for organ swell on one panel and it interfered.
Last edited by BuckW on 01 May 2022, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
BuckW

Next

Return to Nord Stage Forum