Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Recording 3P midi to Modstep

Postby DanielW » 16 Feb 2020, 15:56

I got my Nord Drum 3P a week ago, and I really like the sound and the quality of it. Also like the limitations – that it's not another MPC with tweakable samples in layers but an actual synth with its own character.

I have used it with the Nord Beat app, works great. I have seen on different forums that people use the more advanced Modstep sequencer app, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I do get midi in and out, meaning I can program the Nord from the Modstep, and when I hit the pads on the Nord I see the Modstep midi in react.

But how do I actually record a midi sequence to the Modstep by playing the Nord Drum pads?

I guess this might be more of a Modstep issue than a Nord Drum issue, but since I think some of you have figured it out, I put the question here anyway.

Separate question: While I'm quite happy with the workaround of sequencing the kick drum with Nord Beat and playing the other pads by hand, I would like to know what other means of triggering through the Kick trig in there are, apart from an electronic kick drum pedal. Does it take a squarewave LFO?
DanielW

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Recording 3P midi to Modstep

Sponsor

Re: Recording 3P midi to Modstep

Postby DanielW » 16 Feb 2020, 16:19

OK, problem solved: Track needs to be armed.
DanielW

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Return to Nord Drum Forum