General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Creating space on Stage 2 EX

Postby pierso067 » 09 Feb 2020, 19:49

Evening Folks, Trying to make space on my Nord Stage 2 ex but think I need to keep certain piano sounds and samples for incoming patches. What is the best way to make space on the Stage 2, By deleting Programs you don't want/need?

Thanks in advance

Piers
pierso067

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Creating space on Stage 2 EX

Sponsor

Re: Creating space on Stage 2 EX

Postby Elias » 09 Feb 2020, 21:08

Aren't programs, pianos and samples all in seperate storage space? Or am I mistaken? Also programs themselves don't take up a whole lot of space. Its pianos and samples that do. [You probably meant that]

Prioritise your piano selection, dont use XL:s for no good reason. Delete unused samples.
User-created Stage 2/3 file viewer: https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
Art is a great excuse to meet another human.
Elias

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby pierso067 » 10 Feb 2020, 01:36

Thank you Elias

That makes sense! I am pretty new to all this but really enjoying it. I have purchased some programs and I am trying to place them into the Nord but the files seem to be huge. I have deleted unused Pianos and will try getting rid of some of the samples in order to make space.

Really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Piers
pierso067

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby analogika » 10 Feb 2020, 11:10

Programs themselves use no space (they’re just a handful of parameters and references to piano and synth samples). They just occupy a slot in the database.

The bundles you’re trying to install include the program PLUS the synth and piano samples it references — THOSE use space.

Note that piano and synth samples are in separate areas. Removing pianos will not clear spaces for additional synth samples.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio

The author analogika was thanked by:
pierso067
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

A tutorial by My Keys To Music

Postby Elias » 13 Feb 2020, 15:20

No problem.
Here is a tutorial that might help you a lot with these questions.
https://youtu.be/4Z3YT7T9XD0
User-created Stage 2/3 file viewer: https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
Art is a great excuse to meet another human.
Elias

Postby Klangwerk » 13 Feb 2020, 18:26

Hi Friends,
thank you for the interesting video.
I have an issue concerning the Nord Stage 3, because of not having enough space for my programs.
I´m used to manage and change the programs by the sound manager. So far so good.
But I play in more bands with different music styles.
The 400 slots for the programs are full. I thought, ok, save the programs for Band 1, Band 2 and Band 3 an re-/organize it by nsm.
Also the songs. Then I realized that the samples and Pianosamples will saved again, that takes so much time and is not needed. (because the will remain)
I just wantet to save and load the corresponding programfile for each band I need. My Samples and Pianosamples/-files will be the same and stay in the memory.

I want to save/load the program and songfile without saveing/loading the samples. What can I do?
I hope you can understand my problem. Thank you.

Helmuth
Racks: Roland XV-3080, Fantom XR, D-05 / JD-08
Keys: Nord Lead 3, Nord Stage 2, Nord Stage 3 compact / Yamaha MX49 / Korg Micro XL
Attic: DX-7 II FD / EX-5 R / Korg 05/RW / Roland JD-800 / JD-990 / E-MU Virtuoso, Proteus 2000, XK-6
Klangwerk
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby ajstan » 13 Feb 2020, 18:55

Klangwerk wrote:I just wantet to save and load the corresponding programfile for each band I need. My Samples and Pianosamples/-files will be the same and stay in the memory.

I want to save/load the program and songfile without saveing/loading the samples. What can I do?
I hope you can understand my problem. Thank you.

Helmuth

If a sample (piano or synth) is already on your instrument, it will be skipped and not be reloaded during a restore. The same goes for backing up to an existing file. Hope I understood the question correctly and this is helpful.
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K, Behringer XR18 Mixer
ajstan

Postby Klangwerk » 14 Feb 2020, 10:57

Hi ajstan,
if I make a upload of the song, the nsm will save the samples. That takes to much time (2 hours) and is not needed because I use the same samples and can leave them at the original places. That ist the problem.
Racks: Roland XV-3080, Fantom XR, D-05 / JD-08
Keys: Nord Lead 3, Nord Stage 2, Nord Stage 3 compact / Yamaha MX49 / Korg Micro XL
Attic: DX-7 II FD / EX-5 R / Korg 05/RW / Roland JD-800 / JD-990 / E-MU Virtuoso, Proteus 2000, XK-6
Klangwerk
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Schorsch » 14 Feb 2020, 11:05

Hi Helmuth, I think this appears only if you create a backup file for the first time, let's say for Band 2. Once you have done this and change programs on your Stage 3 for Band 2 and then save it again to the same backup file it should just add samples which have not been saved to the file initially, skipping all which have been in there from the prior backup action. This should significantly reduce the amount of time for the backup as to what ajstan said. I haven't tried this personally but it makes sense from my point of view.

Restore is working the same way, only samples which are not on your Stage 3 will be restored. You will just have a problem if the sample memories (Synth and Piano) of the Stage 3 are full and you would have to remove samples fro let's say Band 1 to free up space for restoring the backup for Band 2 because of the need to free up space manually whoch takes a bit of time then.
Last edited by Schorsch on 14 Feb 2020, 11:09, edited 2 times in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Return to Nord Stage Forum