All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

How to keep the pedals from sliding?

Postby Akorder » 24 Nov 2019, 19:32

Sustain pedal, rotor speed pedal, expression pedal. The stuff supposed to stay put under your keyboard have got a strong tendency to turn sideways and little by little move away from your reach, no matter whether playing seated or standing up.

Didn't find a topic in the forum. Elsewhere on the web there were a few suggestions, such as to gaffer-tape the pedal cables on the floor, or to velcro the pedals on a piece of plywood. Any good ideas to cure this problem?
Akorder

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

How to keep the pedals from sliding?

Sponsor

Re: How to keep the pedals from sliding?

Postby Schorsch » 24 Nov 2019, 23:31

Hi,

I use these here: https://www.thomann.de/gb/stageworks_nonslipmats.htm

Works well for me
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby dl7vea » 25 Nov 2019, 09:32

Hi,

I fixed all pedals on one board, so everything stays in place. I posted a picture before here:

https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-electro-forum-f9/nord-electro-5-control-pedal-to-switch-sound-t14813.html#p103187

Regards
dl7vea

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby hilbilly parade » 25 Nov 2019, 15:23

I use the material used in the non slip mat link above. You can get that at pretty much any hardware store. Usually in the kitchen or bathroom isle.
Purchased it in a roll. My 3 pedals are attached with Velcro to a small piece of wood then the slip mat is attached to the bottom of the wood works on all surfaces.
Last edited by hilbilly parade on 25 Nov 2019, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
hilbilly parade
Patch Creator

Postby sus_4 » 25 Nov 2019, 16:05

I gig with a small, cheap floor matte sold at most home supply stores. Adhere Male Velcro to the bottom of your pedals and the problem is solved. If the venue offers a carpeted stage, my li'l rug stays in the vehicle.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/TrafficMAST ... /206486436
Nord Stage 3 SW73, Nord Electro 2 61, Behringer Model D, Studiologic SL88, Roli Seaboard Rise/Block, Korg Monologue, Yamaha Reface CP/DX, Lounsberry Tall & Fat / Organ Grinder, Neo Instruments Vent, CPS SS v.3, Behringer Eurolive B1200D-PRO.
sus_4

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Postby Rusty Mike » 25 Nov 2019, 17:01

Very similar to sus_4, I use a very simple and inexpensive solution. Buy a cheap work mat from a home supply store, cut to an appropriate size and attach to the bottom of your pedal.

Rather than use Velcro, I punch holes in the material aligned with the screws on the pedal that hold the bottom plate and then screw through the mat to attach it.

For transport, simply fold the extension under the pedal:

When the material wears out, just cut a new piece.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Current Nords: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D 73
Ownership History: Electro 2, Electro 3-73 SW, Electro 3HP, Electro 4D, Stage 2EX 76HP

The author Rusty Mike was thanked by:
missoundscape
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Akorder » 25 Nov 2019, 19:50

Thank you all for these brilliant ideas! A small non-slip mat probably doesn't add much weight, and if it's foldable, that's even better.
Akorder

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby JohnT » 01 Feb 2020, 17:50

I use a thin (1/8") cheap black yoga mat. They are usually 6' long so I cut it in half. It covers the entire floor under my "X" style stand and keeps all pedals in place. Rolls up and fits in the Nord case.
Current rig: Nord Electro SW4, Kurzweil K2500XS, Roland XP-30, Proteus 2000, QSC K8.2, QSC K10.2, Yamaha HS80M, Auratones, Mackie 802-VLZ3, Focusrite Saphire Pro 40, MOTU MicroLite, Samsung Servo 120a, Sony MDR 7506 & MDR 7509HD, Sennheiser HD-650
JohnT

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Postby FZiegler » 13 Feb 2020, 17:03

Another idea I picked up in a forum and am going to manufacture: Buy a rubber mat (solid one, about 1cm thick, around 90x60cm) and cut out the shapes of the pedals to let them fit in the holes. The only thing I don't know yet is how it will be to fit only part of the pedals (as you don't always need them all or leave part of them in the rehearsal room) and leave some holes open. Will probably tend to fill the holes with something (maybe yoga mat). In any case, such a mat is heavy, but rolls up.

For me, it's a triple pedal, maybe a second sustain pedal, a swell & a control pedal (2x Yamaha FC-7, can be linked to each other), program up/down button (will probably fit on top of the triple pedal) and a BT button for the sheet pad. I still try to find the best position for them all, as in that solution, you have to start from scratch if you change anything.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Postby Solartron » 27 Mar 2024, 19:42

Resurrecting an old thread with my first post...

Sliding pedals: The struggle is real. I spent some time looking at what others have done and I didn't find anything inspiring. I like the idea of mounting everything to a proper pedal board, but the cost-benefit ratio isn't favorable. So I made my own "pedal board" with a piece of scrap plywood I had lying around and some quarter-round trim. This solution looks good, works great, and the entire project came in under $25.

I am aware that this isn't necessarily a gig-friendly option, but it works perfectly well on both carpet and "slippery floor" venues.
Attachments
IMG_1660 (1).jpeg
IMG_1660 (1).jpeg (507.1 KiB) Viewed 229 times

The author Solartron was thanked by 2 members, including:
Remnant BoBMr_-G-
Solartron

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Next

Return to Accessories and Amplification