Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

New NS3 user need help

Postby jean Michel » 11 Feb 2020, 17:41

greetings to all
I'm new on this forum, I recently bought Nord stage 3 compact that I intend to use to replace my old keyboard too heavy for me now.
I've been playing for several years in a Pop Rock cover band and it's not easy at all to adapt to a new instrument.
Of course I'm looking for specific sounds like for example the ones in "another one bite the dust , Queen" but also tips and tricks to use my keyboard as soon as possible.
I'm particularly looking for an application to identify the chords when I play, if possible working through the USB or midi plug of the keyboard because the applications working with a microphone are not really reliable especially in rehearsals.
I have browsed through the forum that I find very interesting and I'm sure to find here all the information that I miss and I hope one day to be useful to one of you ...
musically ... Jean Michel

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
jean Michel

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

New NS3 user need help

Sponsor

Re: New NS3 user need help

Postby hilbilly parade » 11 Feb 2020, 18:06

Last edited by hilbilly parade on 11 Feb 2020, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
hilbilly parade
Patch Creator

Postby dmamfmgm » 11 Feb 2020, 18:11

Welcome to the Nord User Forum, Jean Michael! (We call it NUF for a shorthand name.)
dmamfmgm

Postby dmamfmgm » 11 Feb 2020, 18:13

Here's a really helpful tips that helped me get started with my Nord (I was new just 3 months ago, wow, time sure goes fast!)

The search box at the top of the forum turns up really useful stuff! It also turns up all the useless stuff too, but give it a shot.

For instance I like to search for a song title (or Lady Gaga or whatever).

Let us know what works for you and what doesn't, ok?
dmamfmgm

Postby WannitBBBad » 11 Feb 2020, 22:08

When you start working with samples and want to start saving new ones, here are a few tips for Sound Manager:
- View your current samples in organize mode to show open memory locations.
- Sort samples from largest to smallest and delete the ones you don't need starting with the largest so you're freeing up the most space without losing as many samples.
- Save all new samples to memory locations 250 and above so you always know which ones you loaded versus which ones came with your Stage 3.
- If you post a program using a new sample, tell folks what sample you're using and a) provide a link to the sample if it's on this forum (retains recognition of who created/provided it and any associated discussion), or b) post the sample with information on the source if not on this forum.

Below is a link to access over 70 programs I have put together for the Stage 3 that might help you. Welcome to the forum - take care.

Programs, MP3 examples, and links to many others
nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/for-those-new-to-programming-t15748.html
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 30 Apr 2020, 14:06, edited 2 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby jean Michel » 13 Feb 2020, 16:41

Hello everyone.

I am pleasantly surprised by the speed of your answers and sorry I didn't respond more quickly to thank you.
thank you for the advice and links you share with me.
I'm in a transition phase between my old keyboard and the NS3 to play in my little band and I know that thanks to you I could have help in case of problems.
About the application to identify the chords played on the keyboard, I finally found one called: "Display chord" available only in the Apple store and can be connected by bluetooth or by the USB plug of the keyboard ... In my case I chose to use the bluetooth using the Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Midi Adapter Midi/Bluetooth connectors.
Thanks again to you for making this forum live in such a good spirit.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
jean Michel

Postby onzki » 26 Jul 2020, 15:34

jean Michel wrote:... In my case I chose to use the bluetooth using the Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Midi Adapter Midi/Bluetooth connectors.
Thanks again to you for making this forum live in such a good spirit.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
. Hi, did it work? I just purchased a wireless MIDI like yours but it’s not powering up or not getting detected. Is it Nord’s port problem?
Thanks!
onzki

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)