Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Amend 'Live' settings on Electro 6D

Postby Golfish » 22 Jan 2020, 12:33

How can I save sounds to the 'Live' function please?
I know this is a particularly dim question and there is probably a forehead-slappingly easy answer to it.
Thanks in advance, NordHiveMind.
Last edited by Golfish on 22 Jan 2020, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
Golfish

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Amend 'Live' settings on Electro 6D

Sponsor

Re: Amend 'Live' settings Electro 6D

Postby Golfish » 22 Jan 2020, 12:34

I cannot store settings to the 'Live' function. How can I do this, please?
Golfish

Re: Amend 'Live' settings on Electro 6D

Postby Rusty Mike » 22 Jan 2020, 13:51

There are instructions in the manual. I do not distinctly recall the details at the moment, but when you go to save a new program, you can select the Live spots as a destination.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Current Nords: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D 73
Ownership History: Electro 2, Electro 3-73 SW, Electro 3HP, Electro 4D, Stage 2EX 76HP
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Rusty Mike » 22 Jan 2020, 15:36

From the English Manual page 17:

Storing a Program
Here is how to store a program without changing its name:
  1. Press the STORE button once. The Store LED will start blinking, and the display will show the name of the program and its location.
  2. To select a different store location use the dial and/or PROGRAM 1-4 and PAGE 3/4 buttons. a program can also be stored to one of the Live program locations by pressing the LIVE MODE button and then selecting the desired Live program. The program at the selected destination can always be auditioned by playing the keyboard.
    To cancel an ongoing Store operation, press EXIT.
  3. When a suitable location has been selected, press STORE again to confirm the operation.

Naming a Program (Store as...)
  1. To store and name your program press STORE AS... (Shift + Store).
  2. The ABC soft button brings up a row of alphanumeric characters. Use the dial to set the character for the current position. Let go of the ABC button to move the cursor ahead. The dial or PAGE 3/4buttons can be used to move the cursor freely. The Ins soft button is used for inserting a blank space at the cursor position and the Del soft button is used for deleting the selected character.
  3. To assign your program a category hold down the Cat soft button and select any of the 20 categories from the list.
  4. Press STORE to bring up the Store Program To screen. Use the dial and/or PAGE 3/4and Program buttons to select a location.
  5. When a suitable location has been selected, press STORE again.

To the best of my recollection, you cannot name a program you store into a Live slot.
I hope this helps
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Ownership History: Electro 2, Electro 3-73 SW, Electro 3HP, Electro 4D, Stage 2EX 76HP

The author Rusty Mike was thanked by:
Golfish
Rusty Mike

Postby Golfish » 22 Jan 2020, 17:21

Thanks Mike

I will try this and let you know how I get on.

Best
Golfish

Postby twofarmers » 23 Jan 2020, 03:31

Rusty Mike,
Any idea what is the logic behind not allowing the naming of a program stored to the live memory? I've tried several ways and it doesn't seem to be possible...tony
twofarmers

Postby Rusty Mike » 23 Jan 2020, 03:55

This was discussed a month or two ago. The purpose of the Live slots are really just temporary parking for sounds.

See HERE for the gory details.

The Live slots are best used as a place to tweak sounds. I will copy programs into them and customize if I'm in a room that requires some unique EQ settings for example. This way, I can set the pianos EQ to accommodate the quirks, save in a Live slot, and call on that program for the evening instead of having to make the same EQ changes everytime I switch back to that piano program in its regular home.

They also work well when you're developing a program and are experimenting with settings in different environments. The Live slots instantly remember your changes so you can tweak around until you get it right.

Anyway, given that it's intended for temporary use (and there are only four or five of them depending on your instrument), the need to name them is not critical. At least that's my conjecture.
Rusty Mike

Postby anotherscott » 23 Jan 2020, 06:40

Golfish wrote:How can I save sounds to the 'Live' function please?

The 'Live' locations are all automatically saved whenever you use them. Whenever you go to one, it will be exactly how you left it. If that's not what you want (i.e. you want to save a sound and always be able to get back to it without worrying about accidentally changing something you wanted to keep as is), that's exactly what the other 400 or so locations are for.

The author anotherscott was thanked by:
Spider
anotherscott

Postby Golfish » 01 Feb 2020, 18:41

Thanks Rusty Mike

I do not know why this made sense to me when you quoted it from the manual. Maybe my brain reponds better to black letters on a white background. Anyway, all up and running with the 3 or 4 sounds I need live, saved to the live area.

Thanks again

Rusty Mike wrote:From the English Manual page 17:

Storing a Program
Here is how to store a program without changing its name:
  1. Press the STORE button once. The Store LED will start blinking, and the display will show the name of the program and its location.
  2. To select a different store location use the dial and/or PROGRAM 1-4 and PAGE 3/4 buttons. a program can also be stored to one of the Live program locations by pressing the LIVE MODE button and then selecting the desired Live program. The program at the selected destination can always be auditioned by playing the keyboard.
    To cancel an ongoing Store operation, press EXIT.
  3. When a suitable location has been selected, press STORE again to confirm the operation.

Naming a Program (Store as...)
  1. To store and name your program press STORE AS... (Shift + Store).
  2. The ABC soft button brings up a row of alphanumeric characters. Use the dial to set the character for the current position. Let go of the ABC button to move the cursor ahead. The dial or PAGE 3/4buttons can be used to move the cursor freely. The Ins soft button is used for inserting a blank space at the cursor position and the Del soft button is used for deleting the selected character.
  3. To assign your program a category hold down the Cat soft button and select any of the 20 categories from the list.
  4. Press STORE to bring up the Store Program To screen. Use the dial and/or PAGE 3/4and Program buttons to select a location.
  5. When a suitable location has been selected, press STORE again.

To the best of my recollection, you cannot name a program you store into a Live slot.
I hope this helps
Golfish

Return to Nord Electro Forum