Layering 2 or more samples on Nord wave 2

Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer
angelogogo0

Layering 2 or more samples on Nord wave 2

Post by angelogogo0 »

Is it possible to layer 2 or more samples on the Nord Wave 2?
Olltsu
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Re: Layering 2 or more samples on Nord wave 2

Post by Olltsu »

You can layer 4 layers and all those can have a sample on them. So yes, you can layer samples :)
Last edited by Olltsu on 20 Jan 2020, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Olltsu for the post:
angelogogo0
baekgaard
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by baekgaard »

The description says "The Oscillator section for each of the 4 layers offers 4 modes: Analog, Wavetable, FM and Samples" - so apparently, yes.
These users thanked the author baekgaard for the post:
angelogogo0
S h a w
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Post by S h a w »

According to the NAMM videos, yes.
musicaldudeist
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by musicaldudeist »

I was wondering if a work around for those who wanted more than one LFO could be to put the same source in two or more layers and have different LFO settings for each layer to achieve the same effects. Does that sound like it could work?
Nord Grand, Nord Wave 2, Yamaha YDP-184, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Studio Logic SL88 Grand, Pianoteq 7 Pro, Garritan CFX, Teenage Engineering OP-1, and a smattering of Ukuleles.
cgrafx
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by cgrafx »

musicaldudeist wrote:I was wondering if a work around for those who wanted more than one LFO could be to put the same source in two or more layers and have different LFO settings for each layer to achieve the same effects. Does that sound like it could work?
Unfortunately what your suggesting doesn't accomplish what two LFO's does.

With two LFO's the 2nd LFO interacts with the 1st LFO creating compound modulation effects.
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by maxpiano »

cgrafx wrote:
musicaldudeist wrote:I was wondering if a work around for those who wanted more than one LFO could be to put the same source in two or more layers and have different LFO settings for each layer to achieve the same effects. Does that sound like it could work?
Unfortunately what your suggesting doesn't accomplish what two LFO's does.

With two LFO's the 2nd LFO interacts with the 1st LFO creating compound modulation effects.
Correct, actually it could work the same only if modulating the OSC amplitude, but not if modulating the OSC pitch (frequency) which is the most common case (or other parameters)
LewTheKeysGuy

Post by LewTheKeysGuy »

I have to say, I'm excited about the Wave 2. there's a reason behind that. Although I announced that the organ project's stuffed, it might not be. If the Wave 2 would support what I want it to do, I wonder if each layer would respond to a particular midi channel, say as an example channel 4 (layer 4 would respond to a pedal setup (32 note RC pedalboard)? if so, that really does get exciting. For me as a sound developer (getting back in to the swing of it) the wave 2 would really open up some new avenues for me and I've got to say, I can't wait to take one on.

My Stage 3 and Grand have their own setups and it would be nice to have the wave 2 as a developer for soundware, but also as a performance tool.

as a side question and please forgive this, if there's any electro 6D owners, Do you think it's worth me investing in one on a sound development basis?

lew