This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: Nord Sample Editor 3: No Stage 2 support

Postby Gambold » 24 Jan 2020, 22:46

> and their order books are full for years to come.<

This statement has become something of an old saw on this forum. Every time I read it I wonder, how does the poster know? Have they SEEN the order books? Do they regularly talk to Clavia's accounting department, who makes this kind of information available to them? It all seems a little unlikely.

Also - this forum is supposedly not affiliated with Clavia. If there is anyone on here who has a relationship with their accounting department to the degree of receiving financial reports and order projections - I would call that an affiliation, and I would ask that the poster make that clear in their signature.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth

The author Gambold was thanked by:
dmamfmgm
Gambold

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Sponsor

Postby Gambold » 24 Jan 2020, 22:59

... reaching a larger market; they’re a small, familial company, and their order books are full for years to come. They’re already at capacity and have no intention of changing ...

Re: Market for a mid-range ROM-based Nord?
... is thirty or so people — one big family. Last I talked to them, their order books were full a year-and-a-half in advance. That’s exactly where they want to be. Then they ...

Re: Nord Sample Editor NS3 - Please Nord!
... about returning his keyboard over the software being late, while their order books are full until beyond next summer. And maybe it's just a crucial, show-stopper issue ...

Re: Still the same missing functions since the NS1
... that's a reasonable assumption. For another, from what I hear, Clavia's order books are actually back-logged, and people are having to wait for their new Stage 3's, so it ...

Re: Nord Stage 3 for Christmas?
>the order books are filled, years into the future. As long as they are selling everything they can make< Well then you appear ...
Last edited by Gambold on 24 Jan 2020, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth
Gambold

Postby analogika » 24 Jan 2020, 23:35

Gambold wrote:> and their order books are full for years to come.<

This statement has become something of an old saw on this forum. Every time I read it I wonder, how does the poster know? Have they SEEN the order books? Do they regularly talk to Clavia's accounting department, who makes this kind of information available to them? It all seems a little unlikely.

Also - this forum is supposedly not affiliated with Clavia. If there is anyone on here who has a relationship with their accounting department to the degree of receiving financial reports and order projections - I would call that an affiliation, and I would ask that the poster make that clear in their signature.

Talked at length to a Clavia employee at Musikmesse a few years ago, who outlined how the company worked.

Confirmed by Pablo multiple times since then.

Do you think the company structure changes radically every time some dude on an internet forum thinks they should be expanding their efforts — while at the same time complaining about supposed lack of quality control from being stretched too thin?
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Mr_-G- » 25 Jan 2020, 01:23

analogika wrote:Talked at length to a Clavia employee at Musikmesse a few years ago, who outlined how the company worked.

Well, if it was years ago, they might have fulfilled all the orders by now. :mrgreen:
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby analogika » 25 Jan 2020, 10:12

Mr_-G- wrote:
analogika wrote:Talked at length to a Clavia employee at Musikmesse a few years ago, who outlined how the company worked.

Well, if it was years ago, they might have fulfilled all the orders by now. :mrgreen:

Yes, of course.

Sales have obviously tanked, and the company is at the brink of bankruptcy.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Postby baekgaard » 25 Jan 2020, 10:44

I think analogika gave an ironic comment...

The author baekgaard was thanked by:
analogika
baekgaard

Postby Gambold » 25 Jan 2020, 17:38

>Talked at length to a Clavia employee at Musikmesse a few years ago, who outlined how the company worked.<

That's great, but chatting up an employee at a music con is hardly getting a verified account of their billings for "years to come." And I wouldn't expect any employee representing a company to give anything but rosy scenarios.

My point is that unless someone has actually seen the books, this statement is just cheerleading, and doesn't lend anything to a conversation about Clavia's marketing, competition, or future outlook other than - cheerleading.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth
Gambold

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum