This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: NEW Nord Sample Editor 3 Discussion

Postby florence » 18 Jan 2020, 17:07

yes understood, it is a good way to protect the file... and the original owner of the file.
My free online tool to view Nord Stage programs https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app

The author florence was thanked by:
Berretje
florence
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby S h a w » 18 Jan 2020, 17:40

LewTheKeysGuy wrote:OK. get ready for it. NICE WORK!

There's a nice flutter / wobble, that's partly to do with the start / stop regions of the looping function, but it sounds so nice, it's a keeper in my library. Well done ")

Thanks for the feed back. Appreciate your time in testing it for me.

Am I correct that the NSE3 doesn’t support velocity layers or round-robins? If true, I would assume that this is just a limitation of the Nord sample format???
S h a w

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby S h a w » 18 Jan 2020, 18:38

Thanks again. I’m thinking to do a sample set of Moog One patches. The single layer sample is a limitation, but also forces creativity. One thing I like about sampling the Moog One is that is it very easy to make stereo samples where the left and right side are similar yet different enough to create some really cool patches.

Really looking forward to the Wave 2.
S h a w

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby Dreamer » 19 Jan 2020, 10:30

Why can‘t I take two nord instrument sample files and use the editor to create an internal split having one sample to be played for 3 lover octaves and other for upper three?

If this is NOT possible and just by raw samples this is like disassembling two cars to park them in your double garage.

And yes there is sample robot but I have the data already, its in the files, thanks.
Dreamer

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby Schorsch » 19 Jan 2020, 13:03

There have been a couple of lengthy discussions about this over the years which I understand very well. From my point of view Clavia as the creator and owner of the sample format should be able to “decompile” a sample with Sample Editor while at the same time keep it internal within the editor only. By this it’s avoided to get the sample out of Clavia’s ecosystem while at the same time Nord users can modify/adjust to their needs. That would give us and Clavia an added value, but since Clavia did not do anything up to now I doubt that we can expect something like this in the future
Last edited by Schorsch on 19 Jan 2020, 13:04, edited 2 times in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby elsongs » 20 Jan 2020, 11:30

Been playing around with NSE3 today, importing Fairlight samples into my Nord Stage 3 HA88. I noticed that I cannot have a sample run the entire range of the keyboard; it's limited to the 2nd to the last octave on the keyboard. I can't stretch the range any further, even though the keyboard range is wider than what appears on the screen. Feature or bug?
elsongs

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Postby florence » 20 Jan 2020, 14:00

LewTheKeysGuy wrote:We should give Nord particular feature requests so they can understand our needs as users, if they don't know, they won't do. so, with both NSE and NSM we need to show nord what we need out of the software to make it more viable for us.

the .nsmp and .nsmp3 formats are a custom format and as such, to be able to extract data is not viable unless the right resources are available to do so. In order to open an .nsmp / .nsmp3 file, it should be made available to open the file in NSE and edit to fix issues, otherwise it's ridiculous. it's not like a .wav extension that's locked, you can grab that file import it in to an editor and fix any issues with the file with good tools and techniques.

I have nsmp files from a particular developer and unfortunately, some of the nsmp files have flaws and faults, I can't fix them so they're unused and I've lost good money buying these libraries. so with that, the ability to fix sample looping issues, normalisation points, etc would really help.

lew

+1000
My free online tool to view Nord Stage programs https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
florence
Patch Creator

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum