Yes, it's here... Symphobia Strings... FROM NORD!

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.
harmonizer
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Re: Yes, it's here... Symphobia Strings... FROM NORD!

Post by harmonizer »

I listened to a couple of these on the Nord site, and noticed a clean nature in the attack and release, which makes me think I could use these in our 7 piece covers band, where there is a major need for these sounds to be heard, but then get out of the way quickly.
toniolito

Post by toniolito »

As said in a comment under this Nord video demo of Symphobia Strings ( we can hear that the polyphony limit has been reached at 00:23.
It's subtile, but we can ear cutting notes.
NordPH
Patch Creator

Post by NordPH »

toniolito wrote:As said in a comment under this Nord video demo of Symphobia Strings ( we can hear that the polyphony limit has been reached at 00:23.
It's subtile, but we can ear cutting notes.
No way, it´s just how the sound is set up, with short release, and he´s playing like four or five part arrangment. Some notes will drop out, by fingers, not hardware.
The NS3 sample engine has 32 note polyphony.
LewTheKeysGuy

Post by LewTheKeysGuy »

I'M OFFICIALLY IN LOVE!!!!!! These strings are something else. beats korg, roland, anything. WOW! now I'm impressed. loaded to my grand, removed the unused samples I never use anyway, STUNNING!, it's like being at the LSO all over again.

Thank you Nord, you've no idea how good you've just made me feel. :) :) :)
LewTheKeysGuy

Post by LewTheKeysGuy »

It's funny, I've been thinking about this today whilst trying to bring a server back online and fixing an ISP's Email crap.

Two things:
1: Time that these samples replaced some of the strings if not all of the strings samples in the Nord factory libraries of the stage 3, piano 4, Grand and Electro 6 series. so maybe if Nord decided to come up with a fresh take on their factory restore files.
2: Project SAM is an AWESOME developer and their orchestral libraries are top class. If I could use their products standalone then fair enough, but what if between Nord and Project SAM they could come up with a "best Of" from their libraries at Project SAM. Say a selection of solo woodwinds, brass, etc, woodwind and brass ensembles, the harp, etc to really give our machines some ABSOLUTE s*x APPEAL!

I can't help it, I've been caught, and found wanting :)

lew
hilbilly parade
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by hilbilly parade »

Yes I agree. I think that this string set is the best Nord has offered yet. I am a geek when it comes to sound and have downloaded and tried every sound Nord offers. I like these strings most of all and they have become part of my "Permanent Waves"....
tsss27
Patch Creator

Post by tsss27 »

Agree with the multi-velocity suggestions earlier in the thread. That would take them over the top!
solmaster
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by solmaster »

Just loaded up the ambient set into my Stage 3 by deleting loads of stuff I never use. (Had to delete a LOT!)
Well worth it though, as they sound stunningly real! Highly useable for the musical theatre stuff I'm doing at the moment.
Also perfect for that 70's disco strings lead sound such as in 'I Will Survive'!!
LewTheKeysGuy

Post by LewTheKeysGuy »

replaced all the nord ensemble strings with the ambient set and by heck, worth it. makes certain programs with pianos etc sound so much more realistic.
SteveNordP3
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Post by SteveNordP3 »

So - these don’t load in sound manager for NP3 correct? Or am I missing something? They sound great online and I wanted to use them instead of the samples the NP3 comes with for strings. No luck. If I missed something just let me know. Thanks!!