Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Re: [DEV] Nord User Sample Library Development Thread

Postby spookycookie » 13 Jan 2020, 00:23

Hi..
Looks like it the tags column (in your pic) that is causing the height changes perhaps more than the MP3.. Ill see what improvements I can do to keep it more consistent...

Is anyone willing to do a task looking at the electro or nord lead stuff, it would involve working on an excel spreadsheet and checking related forum threads? If So PM me... :thumbup:
Last edited by spookycookie on 13 Jan 2020, 00:27, edited 3 times in total.
spookycookie

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Sponsor

Postby spookycookie » 13 Jan 2020, 11:58

Grr I screwed up the DateCreated on the Stage 3 sounds, will fix asap :evil:

[Now Fixed]
Last edited by spookycookie on 13 Jan 2020, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

The author spookycookie was thanked by:
Berretje
spookycookie

Postby cookie » 13 Jan 2020, 17:51

Excellent job Spookie !
I'll check later this week but I really enjoy the improvements !

As I have to work on new covers for next Wednesday, this will prove to be helpful :)

Fred
cookie
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby cookie » 16 Jan 2020, 11:58

Spookie,

What's amazing now is that we are going in small details and enhancement proposals as the current site version is extremely usable !

Here are few bugs/enhancements-proposals I noted while playing around with the site yesterday :
1. If I filter on "Stage 2" type and then select the first sound, the filter automatically is reseted (even before clicking on the "Close" button)
2. The login/logout is confusing : when accessing the site, it shows "Logout" and if I click, then I have the page to login :) And before login in, if I close the tab (with the login info) and open a new one, then I have the "Login" option on the top right :)
3. I would add somewhere an option to "unfilter all" as this is not possible now
4. I would make the primary page the "All sound page" and add an "help" link to the current first page. This page may also be reshaped to add more info on the NS site itself, keeping info on the NUF site. May also have the "All Sounds" as the first link as this is the most important, followed by Add new, Help and Login ?
5. Seems the tag information is not saved in admin mode when editing sound ?
6. I would change the order of the "type" sound so we have the most numerous ones on top ("Lead" has none and is #2 on the list and you have to scroll to get to ns2p="Stage 2"). Given the # of sounds per type, I would order it : sample, ns2, ns3, ns1, electro and lead
7. I find there are too many categories that make the filtering too complex therefore not usable. I would drastically lower the # of categories, suggesting the same as the ones used in NSM

Fred
Last edited by cookie on 16 Jan 2020, 16:58, edited 5 times in total.

The author cookie was thanked by:
spookycookie
cookie
Patch Creator

Postby koloman » 16 Jan 2020, 23:31

You did a phantastic job already. I found today this new tool to make the many contributions of the Forum usable.
So I started to fill the gaps for my (few, I am a lazy user) contributions ("koloman"). What were my experiences:

1. I would like not to see some of my contributions in the "User Collection", because some of them were hints to other users where they find e.g. good vocals. The "transfer functionality" made from this list of samples a number of entries. Makes it sense to introduce a delete funcion (used only by the owner of an entry)?
2. For the type Stage 1/2/3 (program) it is often hard to define a category, because the program consists e.g. of base, piano and brass. A category "SONG" or similar would maybe solve this?
3. We will get a very huge list of TAGS. I know from Googles blogger a tagging system which shows You while entering a Tag all similar tags and You can use one of these. I am shure there are many other ideas to limit the number of tags in the system.

I am shure this will be a very useful system also adding user sound contributions of programs and performances from the synth line of Nord.

Wolfgang

The author koloman was thanked by:
spookycookie
koloman
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby koloman » 16 Jan 2020, 23:37

One remark I forgot:
4. Maybe it is easy to implement to switch off a MP3 if another MP3 is clicked.

The author koloman was thanked by:
spookycookie
koloman
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby spookycookie » 18 Jan 2020, 16:14

Fred (todo)
4. I would make the primary page the "All sound page" and add an "help" link to the current first page. This page may also be reshaped to add more info on the NS site itself, keeping info on the NUF site. May also have the "All Sounds" as the first link as this is the most important, followed by Add new, Help and Login ? [WILL DO SOMETHING BETTER, but I want to keep the home page publically accessible with copy for SEO purposes]
7. I find there are too many categories that make the filtering too complex therefore not usable. I would drastically lower the # of categories, suggesting the same as the ones used in NSM [NEXT TO DO]

Koloman (todo)
1. I would like not to see some of my contributions in the "User Collection", because some of them were hints to other users where they find e.g. good vocals. The "transfer functionality" made from this list of samples a number of entries. Makes it sense to introduce a delete funcion (used only by the owner of an entry)? [CAN DO, but there is a remove function already (soft-delete) when you edit your sound]
2. For the type Stage 1/2/3 (program) it is often hard to define a category, because the program consists e.g. of base, piano and brass. A category "SONG" or similar would maybe solve this? [NEXT TO DO]
3. We will get a very huge list of TAGS. I know from Googles blogger a tagging system which shows You while entering a Tag all similar tags and You can use one of these. I am shure there are many other ideas to limit the number of tags in the system. [MIGHT DO i can enable auto suggest)
4. Maybe it is easy to implement to switch off a MP3 if another MP3 is clicked. [WILL TRY]

DONE
1. If I filter on "Stage 2" type and then select the first sound, the filter automatically is reseted (even before clicking on the "Close" button) [DONE]
2. The login/logout is confusing : when accessing the site, it shows "Logout" and if I click, then I have the page to login :) And before login in, if I close the tab (with the login info) and open a new one, then I have the "Login" option on the top right :) [DONE]
3. I would add somewhere an option to "unfilter all" as this is not possible now [DONE, deploying now]
5. Seems the tag information is not saved in admin mode when editing sound ? [SEEMS TO WORK - please provide details to reproduce, maybe session expired as you clicked]
6. I would change the order of the "type" sound so we have the most numerous ones on top ("Lead" has none and is #2 on the list and you have to scroll to get to ns2p="Stage 2"). Given the # of sounds per type, I would order it : sample, ns2, ns3, ns1, electro and lead [DONE]

Publishing these fixes now.

Can someone turn on their Nord and give me the list of categories for Sounds in the NSM in a sensible order? This will fix Fred #7 and Kolomon's #2 requests
Last edited by spookycookie on 18 Jan 2020, 17:57, edited 14 times in total.
spookycookie

Postby Berretje » 18 Jan 2020, 16:32

spookycookie wrote:Can someone turn on their Nord and give me the list of categories for Sounds in the NSM in a sensible order?

Im working through some of these updates just now, and want to reduce the list

On Nord stage 3

Acoustic
Arpeggio
Bass
Clavinet
Epiano1
Epiano2
Fantasy
FX
Grand
Harpsi
Lead
Organ
Pad
Pluck
String
Synth
Upright
Vocal
Wind
User
<none>

Gr Bart

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper

The author Berretje was thanked by:
spookycookie
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby spookycookie » 18 Jan 2020, 18:50

My Extras are: Brass, Drums, Electronic, Ethnic, Guitar, Nature, Percussion
I'm missing : User, Harpsi

If I map

Brass => Accoustic ?
Guitar => plucked
Drums, Electronic, Percussion, Nature => FX
and we rename user > mixed/song

and add Harpsi

We will end up with exactly the same categories as Nord Stage 3, but there are alot of categories in Stage 3 , so it will be better, but still too many perhaps?
I cant believe they dont have brass.
Last edited by spookycookie on 18 Jan 2020, 19:06, edited 3 times in total.
spookycookie

Postby spookycookie » 18 Jan 2020, 19:30

Update

Koloman (todo)
1. I would like not to see some of my contributions in the "User Collection", because some of them were hints to other users where they find e.g. good vocals. The "transfer functionality" made from this list of samples a number of entries. Makes it sense to introduce a delete funcion (used only by the owner of an entry)? [CAN DO, but there is a remove function already (soft-delete) when you edit your sound]
3. We will get a very huge list of TAGS. I know from Googles blogger a tagging system which shows You while entering a Tag all similar tags and You can use one of these. I am shure there are many other ideas to limit the number of tags in the system. [MIGHT DO i can enable auto suggest, not concerned about size of Tags list though]
4. Maybe it is easy to implement to switch off a MP3 if another MP3 is clicked. [WILL TRY]

DONE
1. If I filter on "Stage 2" type and then select the first sound, the filter automatically is reseted (even before clicking on the "Close" button) [DONE]
2. The login/logout is confusing : when accessing the site, it shows "Logout" and if I click, then I have the page to login :) And before login in, if I close the tab (with the login info) and open a new one, then I have the "Login" option on the top right :) [DONE]
3. I would add somewhere an option to "unfilter all" as this is not possible now [DONE, new icon action top-right]
5. Seems the tag information is not saved in admin mode when editing sound ? [WORKS but change not visible without refresh]
6. I would change the order of the "type" sound so we have the most numerous ones on top ("Lead" has none and is #2 on the list and you have to scroll to get to ns2p="Stage 2"). Given the # of sounds per type, I would order it : sample, ns2, ns3, ns1, electro and lead [DONE]
7. I find there are too many categories that make the filtering too complex therefore not usable. I would drastically lower the # of categories, suggesting the same as the ones used in NSM [DONE ?]
2. (Koloman) For the type Stage 1/2/3 (program) it is often hard to define a category, because the program consists e.g. of base, piano and brass. A category "SONG" or similar would maybe solve this? [DONE ?]
4. I would make the primary page the "All sound page" and add an "help" link to the current first page. This page may also be reshaped to add more info on the NS site itself, keeping info on the NUF site. May also have the "All Sounds" as the first link as this is the most important, followed by Add new, Help and Login ? [sort of DONE , but I want to keep the home page publically accessible with copy for SEO purposes]

What order do we want the new categories to be in?
Last edited by spookycookie on 18 Jan 2020, 22:19, edited 7 times in total.
spookycookie

PreviousNext

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)