Re: Nord Wave 2 introduced :)

Postby ajstan » 17 Jan 2020, 22:30

Eumel wrote:Cool :clap:

almost all my wishes towards Nord's new synthesizer come true :yourock:

Greets

Eumel

Yep, looks like you nailed it!
nord-lead-rack-forum-f12/successor-for-lead-a1-t18131.html
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K, Behringer XR18 Mixer

The author ajstan was thanked by:
Eumel
ajstan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby mkastrup » 17 Jan 2020, 23:43

My plan have always been to have a future Nord Lead 5 or Wave as main keyboard while NL2Xr, NL4r, NL3r and A1r are supplements, infact i bought Nord Stage 3 because i got tired of waiting.
I'm not comfortable with the Nord Stage 3 Compact keybed and the synth engine is less than the A1. So when i saw the Wave 2 announcement i thought pheeew the wait is over only to realize Wave 2 synth engine is same concept as Nord Stage 3 and using same keybed. I'll be selling my Nord Stage 3 and have ordered Jupiter and Wavestate. I will not be buying anything Nord in the future. Just as the synth engines have been nerfed over time, i consider myself nerfed out of the proud family :(
Nord Collection: Stage 3, Wave, Wave 2, Lead 3, Lead 3r, Lead 2X, Lead 4r, Lead A1r, Drum
https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelkastrup
mkastrup

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby musicaldudeist » 18 Jan 2020, 02:31

DJKeys wrote:I never think the early demos for an instrument give any indication of what it is capable of.

I agree. I don't expect much out of these little 8-10 minutes in a hotel room type overviews.
Nord Grand, Nord Wave 2, Yamaha YDP-184, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Studio Logic SL88 Grand, Pianoteq 7 Pro, Garritan CFX, Teenage Engineering OP-1, and a smattering of Ukuleles.
musicaldudeist

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby tsss27 » 18 Jan 2020, 04:56

What I am still trying to figure out is, will the LFO be just as limited as on the Stage 3? For example, the only way to modulate pitch on the Stage3 seems to be with one particular configuration; I.E. no real detune, sync, pulse width, etc is possible if you want pitch modulation. Is this still going to be the same? This is such a huge oversight if so. I am hoping Nord finally figured this out.
tsss27
Patch Creator

Postby pablomastodon » 20 Jan 2020, 12:43

cambe wrote:What I'm really disappointed at is the choice of keybed and format factor.
They will probably not release a desktop or rack version. Which is really disappointing as all major synth companies release them.
And the gigantic weight and size that comes with a 61 keyboard with weighted action. Which is completely unnecessary for a synthesizer.
What it feels like is that they forgot to make synths for synth players and instead are marketing towards organ and piano players.
Which is fine, I get that. Their stage is a success. But I will probably cease buying nords. I love their sound. But they forgot about us.
I could go on and on about recent synth releases with 49 keys, module and rack versions, and no weighted action.
Simply, disappointing

Proof again that there's no pleasing everyone. A great many people have long decried the plasticky touch and light weight of the NL1/NL2/NL2X/NL4/NLA1 actions, the absence of aftertouch, and the 49-note limitation. These people will now be very happy indeed with these very positive developments.

As for rack/module version, the front panel would need to be split in half and tiered one over the other to fit into a 19" rack. Such a thing would probably consume 8U. No one wants a rack synth which needs 8U all to itself. Plus, the buying public has repeatedly demonstrated to Nord that they are not interested in rack units. It only stands to reason that if folks were ever actually purchasing them in numbers, they would not have been discontinued.

Unfortunately, because most of my NAMM time was spent engineering 18 live performances in three days, among other things, I did not have a complete opportunity to delve into the detailed guts of the new Wave 2. What I can say is that everyone who spent any amount of time at NAMM 2020 with a pair of headphones plugged into one of these walked away with a smile of their face and lust in their heart. Straight up. The true test is in the taste, and this synth is very sweet indeed.
Last edited by pablomastodon on 20 Jan 2020, 13:20, edited 3 times in total.
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun

The author pablomastodon was thanked by 9 members, including:
PScooter63tsss27dmamfmgmEumelCopiaSpiderDJKeysajstanbaekgaard
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby DJKeys » 20 Jan 2020, 17:29

Exactly!!

Pre ordered mine.

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre

The author DJKeys was thanked by:
Copia
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby igoragrich » 20 Jan 2020, 19:02

Does new nord wave 2 has seamless transition or not?
igoragrich

Postby Copia » 20 Jan 2020, 19:47

I pre-ordered mine the day it was released, and I can’t wait. There’s other synths for people who want those spec, and in many ways Nord has made them. This set of specs is exactly what I want.
Copia

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby ajstan » 20 Jan 2020, 20:45

LewTheKeysGuy wrote:
igoragrich wrote:Does new nord wave 2 has seamless transition or not?

yes

lew

Where did you see that, Lew? It's not listed as a feature on the product page. Was it mentioned in one of the videos?
https://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/nord-wave-2
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K, Behringer XR18 Mixer
ajstan

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Olltsu » 20 Jan 2020, 21:53

Sonicstate just posted 18 mins video. Sounds only!

Watch on youtube.com

The author Olltsu was thanked by 2 members, including:
DanielD71DJKeys
Olltsu

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Wave Forum