Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series (Nord Electro, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5 D/HP/SW versions)
Forum rules
Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series : NE, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5.
When creating a new topic, it's good to add a prefix in you title that mention one of these Electro version,
e.g., [NE4]: Program for Van Halen - Jump

Sample for Just What I needed- The Cars

Postby Ady-on-keys » 08 Jan 2020, 09:17

Hi- I have seen a few posts on the topic but no answers so far for the Nord E5. Does anyone have a sample (nsmp file) for the synth riff in Just What I Needed - the Cars. I have no idea how to create this- I'm a beginner when it comes to creating sounds.
Thanks!
Ady-on-keys

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Sample for Just What I needed- The Cars

Sponsor

Re: Sample for Just What I needed- The Cars

Postby PScooter63 » 08 Jan 2020, 10:16

I’m not sure ANY Electro is going to replicate this convincingly... primarily because they can’t emulate the glide (portamento) between notes, that’s a mono synth function. I think it could do the tremolo at the end, though.

(I used to cover this with an humble Yamaha CS-01.)
PScooter63

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Re: Sample for Just What I needed- The Cars

Postby Kfals » 08 Jan 2020, 17:36

I have the NORD electro 5 and could not find a patch that works. I use my second King Korg keyboard to play it live and found an awesome lead pre-set I use with some tweaks. I don't have my machine in front of me now to say what patch name it is in order for you to look it up and try and sample it. The Korg also has much more effects you can toggle live to get a nice effect that the Nord cannot do.
Kfals

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to Nord Electro Programs