Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

NP4 input in any form isn't recognised

Postby acylon » 25 Dec 2019, 14:13

Dear all,

I'm new to this forum and new to the Nord keyboards. So I'm looking for help, since I'm beginning to go a little bit insane right now..

I bought a np4 and it sounds and work perfectly, but when I try to record it, the keyboard doesn't send any audio signals to whatever hardware/software I'm connecting it to. And I tried various things out, pretty much everything: I have Logic on my Mac, a Focusrite (an old one, not the Scarlet) and the MK3 from Native Instruments.

I tried to connect the np4 to the sound card through the line outputs (with a ts-cable, since it's unbalanced, right?). The focusrite shows me that it receives the signal, but either Logic nor the MK3 software recognises it. The setting should also be fine and connected to the focusrite, but it doesn't work.
I tried to connect the np4 through midi to both the focusrite and the Maschine as a hardware, but it doesn't work either.

I'm feeling kind of helpless.. Did anyone experience similar problems?
acylon

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

NP4 input in any form isn't recognised

Sponsor

Re: NP4 input in any form isn't recognised

Postby catosim » 25 Dec 2019, 14:38

Hi, not an expert on the area, but a few hints:
If the keyboard works with amplifier/speakers AND the sound-interface receives signal - then your keyboard is OK!
So the first thing is to check if Logic recognise the Focusrite as your input device: Preferences\Audio\Input Device.
PS: Midi cannot send Audio Signals

Best of luck
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland JD08, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B
catosim

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby acylon » 25 Dec 2019, 15:22

The keyboard works when connected directly to the speakers and works also when connected through the sound card the the speaker (plus the sound card shows that it's receiving a signal). So, I guess that the keyboard works.
Logic recognises the sound card, the settings should be right and it works with other keyboards as well. Still, Logic doesn't show any sound coming in (mono, stereo, nada). Same happens when I use the Maschine Software (either connected to the sound card or directly to the hardware).
PLUS I experience the same problem with the midi connection.

So I'm wondering, what on earth am I doing wrong? Any ideas?
acylon

Postby acylon » 25 Dec 2019, 17:24

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too! :)

That is correct, I'm using 2 TS-cables that connect the np4's Line Outputs into the audio interface (Focusrite Saffire 6 USB 2.0 - it has combo inputs).
Also the Logic preferences are set to use the interface as input and output (and just to be sure, also the normal audio setting are working through the audio interface right now).

Unfortunately there is no software for this Focusrite, it's plug-n-play.
Last edited by acylon on 25 Dec 2019, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
acylon

Postby acylon » 25 Dec 2019, 17:45

I already did and there is no driver for Mac for the USB 2.0 version (it actually states that is plug and play). There are drivers for the USB 1.1 version or for Windows, but not for Mac. And I already checked if it's compatible with the "new" OS (Catalina) and it is.
acylon

Postby Berretje » 26 Dec 2019, 01:34

acylon wrote:I already did and there is no driver for Mac for the USB 2.0 version (it actually states that is plug and play). There are drivers for the USB 1.1 version or for Windows, but not for Mac. And I already checked if it's compatible with the "new" OS (Catalina) and it is.

Have you downloaded and installed Focusrite Control?
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum