Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Newbie - Nord Stage 3 Program & Synth Preset List

Postby Skimmy5 » 25 Oct 2017, 16:30

Hello,
New to Nord and keyboards. Where do I get a list of program and synth presets? Thank you.
Skimmy5

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Newbie - Nord Stage 3 Program & Synth Preset List

Sponsor

Re: Newbie - Nord Stage 3 Program & Synth Preset List

Postby ajstan » 25 Oct 2017, 18:11

Hi and welcome! You can get a list of programs through the Nord Sound Manager program. Take a look at the 2:23 mark of the "Extended Features" tutorial video on the Nord Sound Manager Page.

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/software-t ... nd-manager

Also, here's a quick link to the video at the 2:23 mark on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU0qhJU ... e#t=02m23s

----
UPDATE: I just tried this myself and the result is 5 HTML files (YYYY-MM-DD is the date the export was created):

Nord Stage 3 Piano YYYY-MM-DD.html
Nord Stage 3 Program YYYY-MM-DD.html
Nord Stage 3 Samp Lib YYYY-MM-DD.html
Nord Stage 3 Song YYYY-MM-DD.html
Nord Stage 3 Synth YYYY-MM-DD.html
Last edited by ajstan on 25 Oct 2017, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K Gig Camera, Behringer XR18 Mixer

The author ajstan was thanked by:
Skimmy5
ajstan

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Mikecruiser » 25 Oct 2017, 18:20

I’m also new to the Nord Stage 3 and finding it a very steep learning curve.
In short, there is no list of programs and synth patches, because, I suppose, it’s all user configurable.

But, there is a complete list of the internal samples on the Nord website, here:
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libr ... ory-sounds

Right now I’m trying to programme my Nord for a theatre show next week. Probably not the best board to use for this purpose, but I’ve decided to ahead (in place of my trusty Yamaha and Kurzweil ROMplers) to make myself learn how to use it.
My real frustration at the moment is with the non-keyboard sounds. Trying to find a decent soft string section or realistic trumpet is hard. When you access the ‘sample’ bank, the samples are, basically, the raw waveforms and it is up to the user/player to modify them to get a useable sound. I’m really struggling with this aspect. All the keys sounds, are of course, great!

It would be a great service if Nord could provide a few banks of factory (or downloadable) programs using the orchestral samples. I’m sure a lot of other folks struggle to make any headway with these samples....

Mike :roll:
Mikecruiser

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby Skimmy5 » 26 Oct 2017, 03:19

thank you so much ajstan!
Skimmy5

Postby ajstan » 27 Oct 2017, 03:17

Mikecruiser wrote:
It would be a great service if Nord could provide a few banks of factory (or downloadable) programs using the orchestral samples. I’m sure a lot of other folks struggle to make any headway with these samples....

Mike :roll:

Hi Mike - check out the Synth Preset knob in the Synth section. It has a bunch of presets using the samples and the other oscillator waveforms.
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K Gig Camera, Behringer XR18 Mixer

The author ajstan was thanked by:
Mikecruiser
ajstan

Postby analogika » 27 Oct 2017, 03:49

Also, if you press shift and turn the program knob, it will switch to list mode. Then you can hit the soft key to show categories and use the page buttons to switch between them, scrolling through the actual programs with the knob.

Unfortunately, the categorisation is only partially useful, and there are no „layers“ or „splits“ categories. But it can get you started.

The category list view is FAR more useful in the synth section (shift + turn the synth patch preset knob for list view), where you can quickly find a better brass sample (in the „wind instruments“ category - no „brass“ here), for example.

I had a brass sound set up that turned out to not work well AT ALL in context at rehearsal. Took me thirty seconds to find a sample synth preset that everybody was happy with.
Last edited by analogika on 27 Oct 2017, 03:51, edited 2 times in total.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio

The author analogika was thanked by:
Mikecruiser
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Postby dmamfmgm » 18 Dec 2019, 04:00

I'm just working my way toward actually buying it, and I couldn't figure out the list of programs. I'm thrilled to learn all the effects but feeling a little overwhelmed.

The question and answer from Mike and ajstan were very, very helpful!
dmamfmgm

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)