Present yourself, your keyboard rig and your music, including links to your myspace, band websites, competitions etc.

Re: All Nord Gig Rig

Postby themichaeltroy » 17 Dec 2019, 18:12

Love the clean look! I've been looking at upgrading my stand. Recently, I started gigging a lot and standing rather than sitting while playing and my X stand is not making the cut. It rocks back in forth, making it slightly to very annoying to play, haha.

I've never seen that type of stand you've got there and it look collapsable (maybe?) something that would interest my with the travel I do. Two questions I have: 1) do you like the stand?; 2) what brand is it? I've never seen one like it.

Thanks for sharing your set up!
themichaeltroy

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby hilbilly parade » 17 Dec 2019, 22:49

Its a stay brand i love mine. Refer to my previous post.

accessories-and-amplification-f8/stand-setup-t18509.html
hilbilly parade
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby cphollis » 17 Dec 2019, 23:32

Also a Stay stand user. Mine is bright red!
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby Ritchie333 » 10 Mar 2020, 14:00

themichaeltroy wrote:I've never seen that type of stand you've got there and it look collapsable (maybe?) something that would interest my with the travel I do. Two questions I have: 1) do you like the stand?; 2) what brand is it? I've never seen one like it.

That's a Stay Tower. It's compact and fits easily into a bag, plus it's got an integrating mic stand. It's a bit of a pain in the neck to set up, as you have to lay it on the floor to put the legs in, then pull it up, but it's still better than a standard keyboard stand. The Ultimate Support stands are a little bit better as the legs fold away, but they don't have the mic stand. The only thing I'm missing now is a clamp to put my phone on (for setlists).
Ritchie333

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby hilbilly parade » 10 Mar 2020, 14:40

I have owned them all. Stay is the best hands down.
hilbilly parade
Patch Creator

Postby kirsty » 11 Mar 2020, 01:28

Nice setup Mike. Looks the business :)

I used to play the CP4 below on my bottom tier, with the NS2EX above when I was doing some heavier gigging a couple of years back.
Never had 2 Nords at the same time to have a dual Nord setup on display.

I do like the stand, very neat and tight, I never liked the tiers too far apart either and a lot of tiers that give adjustment in the upper section do so by tilting it down which makes it even more awkward to play. Your extensions to keep the keys flat seem the perfect solution.

Bravo :)

Nord Piano 5 73
Yamaha C6 Grand

Gone but not forgotten
Young Chang G157 | Nord Electro 5HP | Nord Stage 3 HA88 | Roland RD-64 | Nord Stage 2 EX 76 | Yamaha CP4 | Nord Piano 2HP | Kurzweil Artis | Kurzweil SP4-8 | Roland HP507
kirsty

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

Postby alex78 » 11 Mar 2020, 02:47

Hello boys and girls! it's always nice to see more than one red keyboard together! Here is a photo of my two siblings, nord electro 4 sw73 and nord wave. I got a proel stand that I painted red (not exactly nord's color but close enough), and a small behringer xenyx q502 mixer just to have my signal under control.
Attachments
DSCN6705.JPG
DSCN6705.JPG (1.52 MiB) Viewed 3394 times

The author alex78 was thanked by:
dmamfmgm
alex78
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby Afghanza » 21 Sep 2020, 13:14

Wow, love the rig! Love the pedal board. That key largo looks very interesting. Didn’t know it excists. Thanx for sharing.
Some music I play keys on Apple and Spotify
Afghanza
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby Rusty Mike » 13 Jul 2022, 17:17

UPDATE: I just saw the comment that not all pictures appeared. I hope this correction improves things.

I'm following up in this thread, as I was asked about my bespoke 2nd tier for the K&M 18880 stand. This could have easily gone into another thread, and I can cross post if needed.

Anyway, I've had some inquiries about the 2nd tier specs, and I want to share them. The tier design was inspired by the old Invisible Stands from the 1980's, which I think were the best keyboard stands ever made. I still have one in great shape, but don't use it for gigs because it's a bit too tall for playing while seated. The design is great because it brings the upper keyboard very close to the lower one.

The first picture includes the dimensions that I created. I first made a template out of cardboard, trimming to get the sized and angles I wanted. I've included measurements in both English and metric, and got as close as I could for accuracy. Please note that the drawing itself is not to scale, so don't try to make a template directly from it.

The important thing to note is that only a few of these numbers are critical. The post in the middle need to fit into the tube of the K&M stand. You can see in the picture below that I added a shim to the post so that it is wide enough to not wobble while in the stand. Had I used a wider piece of wood that would not have been necessary. The other critical number is the 1-18"/2.9cm just in front of the post, as it determines how the tier will sit on the front rail of the stand.

The distance from the post to the front was driven by how far forward my lower keyboard sits on the stand; If you use a deeper lower keyboard, this will be narrower. Likewise, the front height dimension is based on how high I wanted the front of the upper tier to be, and the tilt angle by how I wanted to view the upper tier. The triangle section at the rear is a stabilizer that supports the weight of the upper keyboard.

The black triangles are areas I shaved off largely for aesthetics. The exception is the small piece in front of the post. The K&M has a weld spot there, so the corner needed to be rounded off to fit correctly.

There is a flat top piece that sits on top of the wedge to provide a wider stable sitting area for the upper board. The whole thing was finished with black paint and clear coat.

Here are a few pictures of the unpainted finished product:

And painted:

The stuff on the top is that gooey pad that people put on their car dashboards to stick their mobile phones on, just cut to fit. It seemed like a cheap way to keep the upper keyboard from sliding.

I hope someone finds this useful.
Last edited by Rusty Mike on 20 Nov 2022, 16:56, edited 2 times in total.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Piano 5 73, Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73

The author Rusty Mike was thanked by 2 members, including:
Mr_-G-Tracii
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Elias » 13 Jul 2022, 19:15

Hmmm. The second tier seems like genius idea, as long as the measurements are right and it holds up. My question would be: why 2 Electros?
User-created Stage 2/3 file viewer: https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
Art is a great excuse to meet another human.
Elias

PreviousNext

Return to Your Music & Keyboard Rig