Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

Re: Should I have bought the Stage 3 instead ?

Postby CountFosco » 08 Dec 2019, 16:14

Or get the Electro and add a polysynth of your choice on top. When you have a full palette of sounds at your fingertips, your fingertips will appreciate the extra real estate.

The author CountFosco was thanked by:
stabureyesout
CountFosco

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Sponsor

Postby stabureyesout » 08 Dec 2019, 23:45

[/quote]

On the S3, individual instrument volume settings are stored with each patch, but not master gain. They can also be morphed using mod wheel, aftertouch, etc. I believe the Electro stores individual instrument volume settings as well.
As Mr-G- points out, the Stage 3 is actually more than twice an Electro 6 in terms of firepower. Two of everything, including a full synth section. ...
Song mode is brilliant for keeping set lists organized, right now I have about 250 songs in there across three bands....
If you're concerned about buyer's regret after a while, then I'd say take the plunge on a S3. Buying and then selling keyboards can get expensive. You may regret spending all that money, but you won't regret what you bought...[/quote]

The more I see these pertinent statements - the more I think S3.
I might not need all this at once - in fact I'm sure I won't initially.
But in time I can see instances where I'm really going to want these features - and the buy/sell/trade market where I live is so small, trading up will be a royal pain in the neck!

I am so grateful for all your rapid feedback. Bless u guys :)
stabureyesout

Postby cphollis » 09 Dec 2019, 06:00

Doing my part in helping other forum members spend their $$$. When you're ready, let's talk amplification?
I think I have gear issues ....

The author cphollis was thanked by:
stabureyesout
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby stabureyesout » 09 Dec 2019, 08:57

Well everyone, thanks to your help I’ve pulled the trigger...
This was the last 76 in Australia - next shipment is APRIL!!!
As I’m disabled and struggle to carry big stuff the 76HP will suit me better.
Can’t thank everyone enough for your help.
Now I just need a gig bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stabureyesout

Postby Berretje » 09 Dec 2019, 11:16

There ya go: click!
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper

The author Berretje was thanked by:
stabureyesout
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby ApolloSynths » 08 Jan 2020, 20:35

I'm in a similar spot. I've got a 5D61 and a Lead2x. I have to MIDI them together occasionally and using the Electro as a master gets annoying since there's no pitch bend or modulation. The Lead isn't the best with lush pads and string sounds, so I use the Electro for those-- with no ability to control any parameters. In a perfect world I'd just get the Stage 3, but it's so damn expensive. To anyone who's had the 2 and the 3, what's the big difference? I feel like the seamless transitions would be almost a necessity, as well as the OLED screen and full-parametered synth I'm used to.
ApolloSynths

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby ajstan » 08 Jan 2020, 21:50

Here's the comparison chart from the Nord website:
https://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/ ... ison-chart

In addition to the OLED displays and Seamless Transitions (which were important to me) here are some other important enhancements:

Pianos: increased memory, increased polyphony, piano filters
Synth: upgrade to A1 engine, increased memory, increased polyphony
Organ: upgrade to C2D engine, pipe organ models
General: Song Mode, 4 split points, split crossfade options, effects enhancements
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K Gig Camera, Behringer XR18 Mixer

The author ajstan was thanked by:
ApolloSynths
ajstan

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby ApolloSynths » 08 Jan 2020, 23:07

ajstan wrote:Here's the comparison chart from the Nord website:
https://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/ ... ison-chart

In addition to the OLED displays and Seamless Transitions (which were important to me) here are some other important enhancements:

Pianos: increased memory, increased polyphony, piano filters
Synth: upgrade to A1 engine, increased memory, increased polyphony
Organ: upgrade to C2D engine, pipe organ models
General: Song Mode, 4 split points, split crossfade options, effects enhancements

That's super helpful! Looking at used prices, I could get a 3 compact for only a few hundred more than a 2 76. Looks like the only real killer app for me is the transitions. I'd imagine that matching my Electro and Lead sounds on a Stage 2 or 3 would be pretty easy, do you know if the S3 has a song mode like the Electro? That would be a considerable loss.
ApolloSynths

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby ajstan » 08 Jan 2020, 23:18

ApolloSynths wrote:That's super helpful! Looking at used prices, I could get a 3 compact for only a few hundred more than a 2 76. Looks like the only real killer app for me is the transitions. I'd imagine that matching my Electro and Lead sounds on a Stage 2 or 3 would be pretty easy, do you know if the S3 has a song mode like the Electro? That would be a considerable loss.

Yes, the Stage 3 has Song Mode.

Also, you may want to check some of the other threads to understand other feature changes (like MIDI implementation) and feature removals (like pending load) between the 2 and the 3. I am not the best source to list or explain them, I just recall reading about them.
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K Gig Camera, Behringer XR18 Mixer
ajstan

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Copia » 14 Feb 2020, 02:21

I lead worship (or did before I was ignominiously fired) using a Stage 3. It's the best worship board I've ever used. The Electro is great, in my opinion, if you play the mainstream worship sounds: piano, organ, strings, pads. I know bands that use the same piano/string/pad patch for everything. No need for a Stage 3. The Electro is more than flexible enough in that range of sounds. But if you play modern worship with creative sounds like I do, it's gotta be a Stage 3 all the way. I can add arps, EDM synth leads and basses, alt pop pitch bends. Dude, this machine is genius and loads of fun. That's my opinion based on the style of worship I play. And it's got all the pianos, pads, strings, too.

The author Copia was thanked by:
dmamfmgm
Copia

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

PreviousNext

Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum