Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series (Nord Electro, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5 D/HP/SW versions)
Forum rules
Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series : NE, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5.
When creating a new topic, it's good to add a prefix in you title that mention one of these Electro version,
e.g., [NE4]: Program for Van Halen - Jump

Help with my Organ Sound (The Doors)

Postby ellervis » 08 Dec 2019, 22:14

Hello all! I'm a keyboard player and a big the doors fan, so i desided to buy a nord electro 6d and it sounds so good, but as you can hear on my livestream when i press much and hold notes it change and be much quieter overtime, and i have to turn my nord off and start it again some times, on many songs as light my fire, the end, when the musics over.

hear my clip how the organ change over time: https://youtu.be/0R-_h4KkNZE?t=2037

is there a funktion to change this, when ray played this never happens?

another exembel: https://youtu.be/0R-_h4KkNZE?t=422

please help me! i dont know anything about it, and all i have asked can't help me, even the music store where i bought it.
ellervis
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Help with my Organ Sound (The Doors)

Sponsor

Re: Help with my Organ Sound (The Doors)

Postby Schorsch » 08 Dec 2019, 23:08

Hi and welcome to the four. :D

There was a fix in version 2.00 of the Electro 6 operating system which addresses this issue, I recommend to update to the most recent version if you have not done so yet, see the description of the fixes in V2.00 and especially the text in bold letters:

v2.00 (2019-02-01)
New features:

Support for version 6 .npno files
Piano Equalizer settings
Two “Dyno” settings for tine EPs are introduced in the Piano Equalizer section, indicated by the two top LEDs or two bottom LEDs being lit, respectively. Note: These settings require version 6 EP sounds.
Soft, Mid and Bright filters for EPs have been adjusted to specifically suit these sounds.
Soft setting for acoustic pianos has been changed. This is now not a filter but instead adjusts the response of the piano for a soft sound.
Other updates:

Definitions of Open/Closed for pedals in menu were reversed. Fixed
Vox organ sound character would change after extended playing. Fixed
B3 Percussion was not present on first stroke after activation. Fixed
Page buttons only worked for one step in Organize/Swap. Fixed

Another question: which bass sample and settings do you use in the YouTube videos? It sounds quite good :thumbup:
Last edited by Schorsch on 08 Dec 2019, 23:09, edited 2 times in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..

The author Schorsch was thanked by 2 members, including:
analogikaellervis
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby ellervis » 08 Dec 2019, 23:49

OMG! this worked! i downloaded version 2.12 and now there is nothing wrong ty so much! :)

for the bass. i looked on the nord site and found a sample called this: FndPreo Direct this is more a bass than a basskeyboard, BUT im a bassist and i like more the sound of it to doors than other thing i have heard on nord, so that is what i use :) TY AGAIN you're so kind

The author ellervis was thanked by 2 members, including:
Schorschanalogika
ellervis
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby LeftyBass68 » 09 Dec 2019, 19:03

Keep in mind that bassist Jerry Scheff played on Doors records.He played a Fender Precision bass,also used on his Elvis Presley recordings.Yep,same guy on Doors AND Elvis......Jerry's son Jason also played bass for Chicago after David Foster put the run on Peter Cetera.....he played a Precision too.I love the Doors recordings,and 'early' Chicago recordings .Live the Doors used a Gibson organ but studio recordings also feature a Vox Continental organ.Ray used both.Nice playing and accurate bass sound too!Were you running the Farf through the twin amp sim with some overdrive?
NS3C NS2EX88 C2D Yamaha MOX8 Behringer Model D (5) Behringer Neutron (5) Roland Lucina AX9 12 Hammonds/Leslies.(BV/BCV/B2/3 A100's/M3/M102 etc.
LeftyBass68

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Electro Programs