Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

Control Pedal and Splitting

Postby Kaykay » 04 Dec 2019, 18:01

Dear All,
I am new to this forum. Look forward to hearing back in regards to my query.
I am looking to purchase the Nord Electro 6D 73 keys, but I am a little hesitant until I get all my queries answered.

I am currently playing the Korg Triton and have been for many years. My sounds are all split mode, with Bassline on the left and Lead playing on the right..
Can I split the Nord Electro keyboard and programme a bassline from the synth engine and also a Lead sound from the same synth engine.
I understand you can split sounds, but cannot have split sounds from the same engine, ie have one from the Organ engine and one from the synth engine. Could I use 2 sounds and split from the same engine?

Another worry I have is... after splitting the Nord Electro, could I use my control pedal (volume pedal) for the lead part only so it does not affect the lower bass part. I want the bass part not to change volumes with my pedal.
Would this be possible?

Look forward to hearing back from the experts.
Regards,
Kaykay
Kaykay

Control Pedal and Splitting

Sponsor

Re: Control Pedal and Splitting

Postby maxpiano » 04 Dec 2019, 18:15

Hi Kaykay and welcome to NUF :)

Kaykay wrote:Can I split the Nord Electro keyboard and programme a bassline from the synth engine and also a Lead sound from the same synth engine.
I understand you can split sounds, but cannot have split sounds from the same engine, ie have one from the Organ engine and one from the synth engine. Could I use 2 sounds and split from the same engine?

Nope, as you have written you only have 1 synth engine so 1 sound, either upper/lower/full but always 1 (if you search this forum you will find you can create pre-split synth sounds, using Nord Sample Editor, but technically they are still a "single synth sound" and their split point is fixed, being set in NSE when you build such type of sounds).

Another worry I have is... after splitting the Nord Electro, could I use my control pedal (volume pedal) for the lead part only so it does not affect the lower bass part. I want the bass part not to change volumes with my pedal.
Would this be possible?

Yes sure, you can switch CtrlPedal on and off separately on lower/upper (take a look at NE6 manual about that and in general to get a more complete view of the instrument ) ;)
Last edited by maxpiano on 04 Dec 2019, 18:18, edited 5 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Kaykay » 04 Dec 2019, 18:38

I see. Thank you for your quick response.
So, meaning I cannot create a patch/programme which is Bass and say Brass or Bass & Flute etc as they are from the same engine, but can create Bass & Piano.
Correct?
Thanks Kaykay
Kaykay

Postby maxpiano » 04 Dec 2019, 19:04

Kaykay wrote:I see. Thank you for your quick response.
So, meaning I cannot create a patch/programme which is Bass and say Brass or Bass & Flute etc as they are from the same engine, but can create Bass & Piano.
Correct?
Thanks Kaykay

Exactly, unless you create your own Synth sample (using Nord Sample Editor) where you use Bass waveforms on the lower keys and Brass (or Flute or..) waveforms on the upper ones. There are a few user samples like that on the Nord Sample section of this forum or in other Nord Electro discussions. However if you need more flexibility you should consider the Nord Stage (not necessarily a NS3, but at least 2/2EX)
Last edited by maxpiano on 04 Dec 2019, 19:06, edited 2 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum