Comments, suggestions, questions about this forum? Post it here! Also for test purposes or Off-Topic discussions.

Trump in Minneapolis

Postby JayDee » 22 Nov 2019, 09:59

Watch on youtube.com

A musician friend of mine lives in Umea Sweden. An old colleage of his made this music video. It's pretty good. Of course, I only post this to highlight the choice of keyboard...
Last edited by JayDee on 22 Nov 2019, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
JayDee

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Trump in Minneapolis

Sponsor

Re: Trump in Minneapolis

Postby harmonizer » 22 Nov 2019, 14:55

Whatever the intent was of starting this thread, nothing good can come for this forum by having it here.

I would prefer instead that we get back to debating Clavia's readiness for Catalina (I'm searching for that smiley icon now).

Moderators, can we please delete this thread?
Last edited by harmonizer on 22 Nov 2019, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
harmonizer

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Postby sus_4 » 22 Nov 2019, 15:07

Trump Plays Zappa... Well done! No matter your politics, you have to appreciate the talent and production. If I "banned" every artist or music work that was counter to my politics, I wouldn't be a true musician.
Nord Stage 3 SW73, Nord Electro 2 61, Behringer Model D, Studiologic SL88, Roli Seaboard Rise/Block, Korg Monologue, Yamaha Reface CP/DX, Lounsberry Tall & Fat / Organ Grinder, Neo Instruments Vent, CPS SS v.3, Behringer Eurolive B1200D-PRO.
sus_4

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Postby NoDirection » 22 Nov 2019, 15:15

I agree with "harmonizer" on this. I used to have another hobby called "Ham radio" - not very active anymore - but we had a common code of not talking about "religion & politics" on the air. By sticking to that code people in the former Soviet Union could have friendly chats with US and other "hams" because controversial subjects was avoided. So lets stick to our common interest in Nord Keyboards and music on this forum and post the politics somewhere else...
Nord Stage 2 HA76, Nord Electro 6 HP, Yamaha Montage 6
NoDirection
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Rusty Mike » 22 Nov 2019, 17:01

This is actually quite an entertaining effort. It reminds me of those videos that spliced Brian William’s newscasts to old rap tunes like Baby Got Back and Rapper’s Delight.

My piano teacher once showed me a video where a pianist put the rhythm of George W. Bush’s speech into a song. It takes a lot of analysis to do any of this kind of stuff.

There are certain speech patterns that just lend themselves to rhythmic adaptations. Think Captain Kirk from the original Star Trek.

And of course the keyboardist is playing an Electro.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Piano 5 73, Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby JayDee » 22 Nov 2019, 17:55

I certainly didn't mean to insult anyone. I guess the mere mention of certain subjects is so controversial, the very name winds folks clocks. I appreciated the artistic effort, and still do. If you analyze this, nothing derogatory was said by musicians, only using the man's own speech patterns overlayed with clever musical arrangement, and of course using a Nord. If it was an anti-presidential rant, I would be more sympathetic. Perhaps I mistook off topic for verboten topic. If anyone cares, I'm an Independent voter. I have issues with both major American political parties, and friends with those on both sides.
*with all the heated, one could say downright nasty rhetoric surrounding domestic American politics, this is a clearly light hearted and clever effort. No offense to anyone suggested or implied. Again, if anyone can augur a overt political statement by the musicians, rather than an artistic statement that includes a political figure, perhaps gypsy fortune teller can be added to your musician resume.
Last edited by JayDee on 22 Nov 2019, 18:54, edited 2 times in total.
JayDee

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby Elias » 22 Nov 2019, 18:06

Ok. No need to take this further I think. As others said, politics is not a topic discuss on this website. Yes, people should talk about politic subjects but not here. Not that anybody has crossed any lines on this thread, but lets not take it further OK?

The video has great meme-value though. "What is a meme?"
I don't know
User-created Stage 2/3 file viewer: https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
Art is a great excuse to meet another human.
Elias

Postby st2ex » 23 Nov 2019, 00:48

NoDirection wrote:I agree with "harmonizer" on this. I used to have another hobby called "Ham radio" - not very active anymore - but we had a common code of not talking about "religion & politics" on the air. By sticking to that code people in the former Soviet Union could have friendly chats with US and other "hams" because controversial subjects was avoided. So lets stick to our common interest in Nord Keyboards and music on this forum and post the politics somewhere else...

Yepp, 73's DL4FBR
Kind regards,
Helmut

Nord Stage 4C - Nord Stage 3HA88 - Roland AX-Synth - Korg M1 - Kawai Upright Piano

The author st2ex was thanked by:
NoDirection
st2ex

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby ErictheViking » 23 Nov 2019, 18:11

LewTheKeysGuy wrote:I think it's a good plug for Nord Keyboards, shows the sound quality and flexibility for "any situation" LOL!

I’m with you on this. a great ‘plug’ for Nord and I like the style of music. :keyboard:

As for the content I believe (I’m sure I’ll be corrected) it’s called satire. Whether it has a place in this section of the forum I don’t know - I’ll leave that for the moderators to decide. One thing to bear in mind is that the the section heading is called Off Topic / About this Forum :idea: :!:

I hope there is no offence found in my comments as I intend none, just making a statement.
ErictheViking

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby Johannes » 23 Nov 2019, 20:43

Hi,

just a short comment on political topics and off-topic posts: As of the current forum rules, off-topic posts including politics, religious etc. posts are not explicitly prohibited (And I would be happy to be able to keep it this way in a free speech sense). Moreover, the video indeed is more of an arty interpretation including using a Nord Keyboard. And finally, this is precisely the off-topic section so seems fine to me too.

Cheers
Johannes
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Next

Return to Off Topic / About this Forum