Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

Help please can't load Don Solaris patches to Wave

Postby Jupiter4 » 18 Nov 2019, 12:24

Hello everyone

For the first time I bought some third party patches from Don Solaris. I cannot load them but can load any other patches downloaded from Nord library. Don Solaris said to ask here for help. I am using a Nord Wave latest version and Sound Manager (latest version v7.52)

I bought and downloaded his Vintage Digitals patches. They are in nwb format (Nord Wave Backup) which is different to the Nord Website patches that are all in nwp format. For clarity I successfully re-loaded the factory presets and a load of samples from the Nord Library so there is no problem with my Wave or Sound Manager or the files from Nord.

I tried to load the Don Solaris patches in nwb to my Nord Wave. This patch file is 'greyed out' and not available to download. I changed the Don Solaris patches file type to nwp and it was not greyed-out and allowed me to try to download but the system generated an error message “unknown files stream type: 0"

Hopefully someone can paint me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Jupe
Jupiter4

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Help please can't load Don Solaris patches to Wave

Sponsor

Re: Help please can't load Don Solaris patches to Wave

Postby maxpiano » 18 Nov 2019, 14:24

Hi and welcome to NUF

If they have been saved as .nwb (i.e. Nord Wave Backup) you need to load them as such i.e. do a Restore, not as Program and renaming won't change the fact they are a backup file). After loading them into your NW you'll be able to save them as individual programs.
Last edited by maxpiano on 18 Nov 2019, 14:27, edited 4 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby pablomastodon » 18 Nov 2019, 16:07

Alternatively, you can rename the .nwb file to a .zip file, then extract the .zip file. This will yield subfolders for Programs and for Samples, which can then be loaded individually as you please.

Sounds like a pretty jerk move from Don, taking your money and then brushing you off when assistance is needed.
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby Jupiter4 » 18 Nov 2019, 17:42

pablomastodon wrote:Alternatively, you can rename the .nwb file to a .zip file, then extract the .zip file. This will yield subfolders for Programs and for Samples, which can then be loaded individually as you please.

Sounds like a pretty jerk move from Don, taking your money and then brushing you off when assistance is needed.

Indeed. It turns out that it was as simple as clicking the 'restore' button. That made not sense to be before. But it obviously made a lot of sense to Don Solaris who made the backup file to be loaded via clicking 'restore' and is still a Wave owner according to his profile on this site. He actually wrote me three emails telling me to come to this forum and to read the manual (which I had done but obviously didn't understand). He could have saved himself time by just giving the answer but preferred to spend more time, as you say, being a jerk. Fortunately it works now. Some of the sounds are very good. He did a good programming job but seriously lacks customer service stills so I will not buy again.
Jupiter4

Postby Jupiter4 » 18 Nov 2019, 17:43

maxpiano wrote:Hi and welcome to NUF

If they have been saved as .nwb (i.e. Nord Wave Backup) you need to load them as such i.e. do a Restore, not as Program and renaming won't change the fact they are a backup file). After loading them into your NW you'll be able to save them as individual programs.

Thanks so much. This worked. Just a simple things for Don Solaris to have pointed out himself. Thanks again.
Jupiter4

Almost accurate

Postby Don Solaris » 12 May 2021, 15:04

pablomastodon wrote:Sounds like a pretty jerk move from Don, taking your money and then brushing you off when assistance is needed.

Actually I have politely pointed him to the user manual which describes patch transfer, because from his tone of communication it was hard to tell whether he was for real or just trolling. I should also state at that time I no longer had a Nord Wave since I've sold it back in 2019. I own some 30-40 synthesizers and to say that I remember every single parameter from the top of my head would be a great overestimate of my capabilities. So, user manual it is.

Speaking of customer support, I have sold hundreds of soundsets, and I have never received any complaints about bad customer service. Everyone can post comments on my webpages and I don't see any complaints. I don't know why there are no bad comments, but I have an idea. ;)

Cheers!
Last edited by Don Solaris on 12 May 2021, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
Don Solaris

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Return to Nord Wave Forum