General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Convert/Save Nord Grand Presets for STAGE 3?

Postby FILTERSWEEP7 » 12 Nov 2019, 13:52

Hello! Is there anyone that is able to save or convert the Nord Grand factory presets, so they can be loaded into the Nord Stage 3? I believe the Stage 3 engine has the capability to load them, but I think the file may possibly need to be converted. Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I've seen several YouTube videos of the Nord Grand presets, are there are several new presets I would like to load into my Stage 3. One preset called "A55 Shimmer Upright" just blew me away. Please let me know how this can be done. Thank you so much!!! :)
FILTERSWEEP7

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Convert/Save Nord Grand Presets for STAGE 3?

Sponsor

Re: Convert/Save Nord Grand Presets for STAGE 3?

Postby maxpiano » 12 Nov 2019, 14:04

It cannot be done, simply, the only chance is to manually inspect the Nord Grand preset and write down the parameters, then try to recreate the same sound on the NS3 ( "try" because Effects section is not 1:1 between the two). If someone has both NG and NS3 then the work is easier, but still manual.
Last edited by maxpiano on 12 Nov 2019, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: How to load Nord Grand factory presets into Stage 3?

Postby analogika » 12 Nov 2019, 14:38

The only option you have is to sit at the Nord Grand yourself and note which sample is used, and the exact EQ and effects settings (I presume pressing "shift" and pressing and holding the "info" button and then turning knobs to show their value) and then trying to reproduce those exact settings on the Stage.

You'll probably have a good starting point if you figure out which piano sample is used for the preset.
Last edited by analogika on 12 Nov 2019, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Re: How to load Nord Grand factory presets into Stage 3?

Postby FILTERSWEEP7 » 13 Nov 2019, 03:12

Thank you, LewTheKeysGuy! I totally appreciate any help you can provide. To be specific, there are two Nord Grand presets that I was really hoping to load (or recreate) on my Nord Stage 3. They are: ‘A:44 BIG POLYSYNTH’ and ‘A:55 SHIMMER UPRIGHT’. I suspect that both of these have special .nsmp samples that don’t exist in my Stage 3 yet. Thank you for any help or advice you may have!!!
FILTERSWEEP7

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Return to Nord Stage Forum