Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

A good mouth harp sample or sound anywhere?

Postby Tasten-Bert » 11 Nov 2019, 21:29

Hi friends,

I have listened to an old recording of a former rockband of mine and was really surprised of the harp sound I played on my Roland Fantom X6, this must have been about 15 years ago. The camera-man moved from face to face to find the "harp player". I can't remember whether this was an internal sound or one on a SRX-card - its memory no. was B6F7 according to my sheet. My question is if there is anybody with a sample like this or an idea that gets my further. Thanks in advance and regards from Germany.

PS: I copied two parts together to keep the file small.
Attachments
Eve of destruction - Harp.mp3
Mouth harp sample anywhere?
(855.51 KiB) Downloaded 1006 times
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

A good mouth harp sample or sound anywhere?

Sponsor

Re: A good mouth harp sample or sound anywhere?

Postby ajstan » 11 Nov 2019, 21:40

Have you tried the Bluesharp and Harmonica samples from the library?

https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... -harmonium
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K Gig Camera, Behringer XR18 Mixer
ajstan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Schorsch » 11 Nov 2019, 23:26

I was also looking to find such a blues harp sound like in Bert’s recording, I think the samples in Nord’s library are far away from this, they are more accordion-like. The sound of the Fantom X is much better, I also had a X7 until a couple of years ago with 4 SRX boards, and one of them delivered that sound. I unfortunately sold it before I bought my first Nord Stage, otherwise would have sampled it.

So if anyone has a real decent blues harp sample I would also appreciate if this could be shared.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby cphollis » 12 Nov 2019, 03:34

I too could use an aggressive blues harp sound if someone would be kind enough to share. I've experimented with the ones in the Nord library and dialing in all sorts of effects, e.g. drive, pitchbend etc. The result is OK, but I bet there's better out there. Cheers!
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)