Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Piano 4 triple pedal?

Postby boxarox » 07 Nov 2019, 09:39

After ordering my Piano 4, I learned that the discounted price does not include the triple pedal. It includes a simple sustain pedal. I do not play recital or classical piano, playing mostly jazz standards and rock. Will I miss the triple pedal here? Do any of you prefer the simple sustain pedal?
boxarox

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Piano 4 triple pedal?

Sponsor

Re: Piano 4 triple pedal?

Postby maxpiano » 07 Nov 2019, 09:45

If you don't play classical piano I presume you are not trained to use the Soft/Sostenuto pedals or doing half-damp, if so I think you will be just fine with a standard on/off sustain pedal.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby lawman » 07 Nov 2019, 10:34

I don't know how deep your discount is, but the Nord Triple Pedal is a $400 part. I don't want to stress you out but, depending on your circumstances, you might want to consider canceling your outstanding order and re-ordering from someplace like Sam Ash, Sweetwater or B&H Photo (after confirming they are absolutely no-kidding in stock). All three of them list the NTP as included with their NP4s, and there are probably some other good sources as well.
As to the usefulness of the NTP, I don't use it with my Nord Grand and I didn't use it with my NP4, because it takes up too much valuable floor space that I need for other stuff. Others might not care about that. Honestly, though, I've studied and played an awful lot of classical music on acoustic pianos and I almost never use the Solo Sostenuto or Soft Pedals. I wouldn't miss them if they were not there. As for Jazz and Rock, I never ever use them on my Nord, so I honestly don't think you'll ever miss having them.
Either way, you're going to have a fine instrument.
lawman

Postby musicaldudeist » 07 Nov 2019, 23:58

I have to throw in that you might consider Kraft Music as well. I've done a lot of business with them lately and they have really treated me right. In addition to getting the full retail NP4, as you should, they also typically have decent bundles or e-gift certificates for little to no extra cost. But something sounds fishy about buying the NP4 without the pedal included.
Nord Grand, Nord Wave 2, Yamaha YDP-184, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Studio Logic SL88 Grand, Pianoteq 7 Pro, Garritan CFX, Teenage Engineering OP-1, and a smattering of Ukuleles.
musicaldudeist

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby ajstan » 08 Nov 2019, 00:20

Additional information would be helpful. Did you order the NP4 as new or used? If you're buying new, the triple pedal is included. As noted, the triple pedal is a $400 item, so the discounted price may not be all that great once you factor that in.
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K, Behringer XR18 Mixer
ajstan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby boxarox » 08 Nov 2019, 00:38

ProAudioStar, New Piano 4 , great price. Open Box was $150 less, so I opted for new.
boxarox

Postby boxarox » 16 Nov 2019, 02:33

Happy to update, my piano 4 came with the triple pedal, now if I can find a couple acceptable B3 samples. I know there is no organ engine, but could use a crude B3 for simple gigs.
boxarox

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum