Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

No programs for white grand, just the samples?

Postby banterbanter » 03 Nov 2019, 18:24

Hi,

I've just bought a Nord Piano 4 and have downloaded the White Grand and installed it - but there seems to be no associated program files to go with it that Nord have made?

So do I have to open one of my own programs for, say, Royal Grand 3D and turn the piano knob to the White Grand sample set and then resave the program as a new White Grand program?

Seems a bit of a process - but I can't see anything White Grand related to download from the Nord site.

Please advise thanks!

Cheers

Gav
Last edited by banterbanter on 03 Nov 2019, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.
banterbanter

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

No programs for white grand, just the samples?

Sponsor

Re: No programs for white grand, just the samples?

Postby baekgaard » 03 Nov 2019, 19:22

banterbanter wrote:So do I have to open one of my own programs for, say, Royal Grand 3D and turn the piano knob to the White Grand sample set and then resave the program as a new White Grand program?

Yes.

Seems a bit of a process - but I can't see anything White Grand related to download from the Nord site.

How could it possibly be simpler? Select a program you like to use, rotate the dial once to white grand, and press save twice, and be done... Sounds easier than downloading a program too from the computer.

If you would like to replace the royal with the white grand everywhere, you could also have used the substitute feature in the nord sound manager instead of downloading the piano. That may indeed be simpler -- but you could still do that, if that is what you want.
Last edited by baekgaard on 03 Nov 2019, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.

The author baekgaard was thanked by:
banterbanter
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby banterbanter » 03 Nov 2019, 20:22

Thanks Baekgaard,

Haha - yes I know it's not that difficult - it just seems odd in so much as the Velvet Grand, for example, has 4 programs associated with it that Nord have gone to the trouble of programming - to 'show off' the piano in it's various guises. Nord no doubt spent ages creating the White Grand and then it just gets dumped by me in a different program that may have some eq or effects on it which I then have to rename and I've also lost a program I may have wanted to keep.

Hardly the end of the world I know - just seems strange : )

I also noticed when I deleted the Velvet Grand that all the programs using those samples remain - ideally they'd have an option saying 'remove all associated programs' when deleting piano samples. Call me lazy!

Thanks again,

Gav
Last edited by banterbanter on 03 Nov 2019, 20:55, edited 5 times in total.
banterbanter

Postby baekgaard » 03 Nov 2019, 21:13

Programs are specific to each instrument. When the NP4 launched, the White Grand did not exist, so no program with it could have been created.

Nord usually don't share individual programs for the instruments, since it's trivial to create one yourself, and most of us just do that anyway.

The ones supplied on board are just meant to be examples for us to be inspired by when creating our own.

Sometimes when a new OS is released, a new set of factory banks are created - I'm not sure about the NP4 here. But you could check to see if there is one. It may require you to load a full set of samples and programs so hardly worth the effort, though.

The author baekgaard was thanked by:
banterbanter
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby banterbanter » 03 Nov 2019, 21:32

I have the latest factory banks and there're no white grand programs
Doesn't matter - just asking the question and appreciate your answers thanks again
Cheers
Gav

The author banterbanter was thanked by:
baekgaard
banterbanter

Postby pablomastodon » 04 Nov 2019, 08:20

banterbanter wrote:Haha - yes I know it's not that difficult - Call me lazy!

If no one else will oblige your request, I will: you're lazy. ;)
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby lawman » 04 Nov 2019, 23:38

LewTheKeysGuy,
If you intend to recreate the programs from the Grand for the Stage 3, you might want to take a gander at the chart I posted on 09/02/2019 called "Nord Grand Factory Presets." For those of you interested in the NP4, I posted a similar chart on 03/26/2019 called "NP4 Factory Programs."
lawman

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum